What are you watching right now?

TheresaV
Former Staff
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

frank-okay-R1J6Z1cnJZc-unsplash.jpg

Hi everyone wave

You might think we already have a couple of movie/series threads. But as @Cleoriff noticed, we don't have a thread where we can all chat about general TV and all the series, films and shows you discover and love. So, here it is!

Drop your recent watching and your recommendations in this thread. And maybe you will find a few things that you haven't watched yourself yet? 

Keep the remote on the ready tv

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 132
131 REPLIES 131

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

I watched IN PLAIN SIGHT @Cleoriff and it's really, really good. However, quite disturbing as to what people are capable of doing.

Can't get myself to watch any of the Masked Dancer or Masked Singer shows, I just cringe at those customes. But I mean they have it in the US as well so it must be quite popular! Same with Love Island, Made in Chelsea. I won't ever ever get myself to watch any of those. Just not my type of entertainment.

We have started a series called Start-Up on Netflix over the weekend after my partner's sister recommended it to us. It's starring Martin Freeman as a corrupt FBI officer and it's marvellous so far. Really recommend to anyone who likes a bit of crime!

After that I think we will try The Syndicate and One Foot in The Grave after your recommendations @sheepdog @Cleoriff @jonsie 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 31 of 132

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@TheresaV 

Just a reminder ...there are 4 series of The Syndicate. They were all excellent, although the last one was the best.  It should be available on Catch Up  and is about a group of young people working in dog kennels who win £17,000,000 and are robbed out of the win by the shopkeepers boyfriend. This one involves a trip to Monaco and is excellent

Thanks for the recommendation about Start Up. I will look out for that as I love Martin Freeman.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 32 of 132

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25137 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @Cleoriff and @TheresaV for recommending IN PLAIN SIGHT.

I`ll watch it tonight on ITV thumbsup

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 33 of 132

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

I checked and saw it available on BBC iPlayer @Cleoriff Not sure if it's all four series though. Do you need to start with the first one to get the story? Or can I just jump in on the 4th?

Not an easy watch @Mi-Amigo but very gripping!

signature

Message 34 of 132

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@TheresaV wrote:

I checked and saw it available on BBC iPlayer @Cleoriff Not sure if it's all four series though. Do you need to start with the first one to get the story? Or can I just jump in on the 4th?

Not an easy watch @Mi-Amigo but very gripping!

No @TheresaV  They are all separate standalone series. Just look for this one

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000tqvp 

PS the other series are all good. Written by Kay Mellor.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 35 of 132

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Good to know @Cleoriff Thanks for that smiling

For some lighter watching at the moment, is anyone watching Bake Off - The Professionals? Very impressive skills and such great imagination by the chefs, even though I would not recommend watching it hungry sweat_smile

signature

Message 36 of 132

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12061 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Just started watching series 4 of The Good Doctor.
Also a fan of Gogglebox.
Not watching the Masked Dancer. I get the concept of the singer version, but dancing? No thanks...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 37 of 132

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Ohhh I have heard of The Good Doctor @gmarkj, it's with the actor from Bates Motel right? Do you like it so far? 

signature

Message 38 of 132

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Watched In Plain Sight last night. Seems really weird seeing Martin Compton from Line Of Duty playing such a nasty piece of work.

Also watched Smother on Alibi. Started off very well both of them.

NB both able to be downloaded so you can binge watch. tongue_winking

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 39 of 132

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12061 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

@TheresaV wrote:

Ohhh I have heard of The Good Doctor @gmarkj, it's with the actor from Bates Motel right? Do you like it so far? 

Looks like it, but I haven't seen the Bates Motel (had to google it!)

We have both enjoyed it. Very good series - based on the Korean version.

Most recent series started with a couple of episodes based around the Corona virus and everything going on, but seems to be going back to "normal" now.

The Corona episodes were very well done in terms of the effect it had on those working in the health care industry and how much extra pressure they were under.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 40 of 132