What are you watching right now?

TheresaV
Former Staff
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

frank-okay-R1J6Z1cnJZc-unsplash.jpg

Hi everyone wave

You might think we already have a couple of movie/series threads. But as @Cleoriff noticed, we don't have a thread where we can all chat about general TV and all the series, films and shows you discover and love. So, here it is!

Drop your recent watching and your recommendations in this thread. And maybe you will find a few things that you haven't watched yourself yet? 

Keep the remote on the ready tv

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 132
131 REPLIES 131

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25162 Posts
  • 811 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thought I`d throw my hat in the ring with a few of my TV loves heart and TV hates rage

TV heart

Sit-coms: The Big Bang Theory; Young Sheldon; The Goldbergs; Waiting For God; Last Of The Summer Wine

Crime Drama: Midsomer Murders; Vera

Entertainment: I`m A Celebrity; Dancing On Ice; Masked Singer; Masked Dancer

TV rage

Reality: The Only Way Is Essex; Made In Chelsea; Love Island 

What does everyone else love and hate on the box ??

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 21 of 132

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122940 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

Thought I`d throw my hat in the ring with a few of my TV loves heart and TV hates rage

TV heart

Sit-coms: The Big Bang Theory; Young Sheldon; The Goldbergs; Waiting For God; Last Of The Summer Wine

Crime Drama: Midsomer Murders; Vera

Entertainment: I`m A Celebrity; Dancing On Ice; Masked Singer; Masked Dancer

TV rage

Reality: The Only Way Is Essex; Made In Chelsea; Love Island 

What does everyone else love and hate on the box ??

Under your entertainment section of likes @Mi-Amigo I would add Strictly Come Dancing and Britains Got Talent.

Would I Lie to You I have mentioned before.

Taskmaster.

Most Quiz shows (except Pointless!)

I'm also watching The Great Sewing Bee.

Not keen on any cookery shows which seem to be on every channel, every day. The only one I like is

The Great British Bake Off.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 22 of 132

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

@Cleoriff Add me to that list of Masked Dancer viewers. Absolutely loving it this week! Even though I try to avoid anything with Jonathon Ross in it, he's actually quite amusing and not an absolute (insert expletives of choice here) as usual. 

Odd, my parents have taken a liking to Would I lie to you as well as Pointless and the rather fun Richard Osman's House of Games (BBC2 at 6pm). Would add Only Connect which is clever and annoying when you find out the answers. 

Message 23 of 132

jonsie
  • 93246 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

@sheepdog wrote:

@Cleoriff Add me to that list of Masked Dancer viewers. Absolutely loving it this week! Even though I try to avoid anything with Jonathon Ross in it, he's actually quite amusing and not an absolute (insert expletives of choice here) as usual. 

Odd, my parents have taken a liking to Would I lie to you as well as Pointless and the rather fun Richard Osman's House of Games (BBC2 at 6pm). Would add Only Connect which is clever and annoying when you find out the answers. 

You know...I always had you down as a man of taste!

Masked dancer? wtff are you on....I'll have some of that rofl

Message 24 of 132

Cleoriff
  • 122940 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@sheepdog 

I rarely get a question correct on Only Connect !! I'm ok where you fill the gaps in words to get a particular answer but the rest of it, I sit and watch with my mouth open saying 'you what?'

Masked Dancer is on now, so off to watch. (Sorry @jonsie ) heart_eyes

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 25 of 132

jonsie
  • 93246 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@sheepdog 

I rarely get a question correct on Only Connect !! I'm ok where you fill the gaps in words to get a particular answer but the rest of it, I sit and watch with my mouth open saying 'you what?'

Masked Dancer is on now, so off to watch. (Sorry @jonsie ) heart_eyes

Oh dearie me @Cleoriff ...

Message 26 of 132

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25162 Posts
  • 811 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Good to see you also watched The Masked Dancer thumbsup @sheepdog  What did you think of the final?

I should also add "One Foot In The Grave" to my watching list; along with "Would I Lie To You; and probably comes as no surprise that I love quiz shows - especially The Chase; Who Wants To Be A Millionaire; Impossible; Only Connect; the new one Unbeatable; and the ITV word game [can`t remember the name - no doubt @Cleoriff will remind me joy] which was good training for anyone wanting to tackle our Word Hunt Diamond; but can`t stand Eggheads rage 

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 27 of 132

Cleoriff
  • 122940 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

For those of you looking for a new  gritty drama, there's one starting tonight on BBC 1 at 9pm and called TIME.

Starring Sean Bean and the wonderful Stephen Graham and written by the superb Jimmy McGovern.

It's a prison drama described as bleak, gritty, a cauldron of emotions and violence. (Just my cup of tea rofl)

On ITV we have the BAFTAs (I'll probably record that to fast forward through the adverts and speeches)

SMOTHER another new drama starting on Alibi on Monday at 9pm. A death in the family and many suspects

Also Monday at 9pm on ITV IN PLAIN SIGHT. A hunt for a serial killer based on  true story. I think this may be a repeat but just mentioning it for those who like a good drama.

Talking about a good drama. Just off to watch the build up to the Azerbaijan GP. It's going to be great Fear

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 28 of 132

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo Masked Dancer was a great final show. I had Jason Orange as Car wash since day 1 (orange bucket references amongst other Take That clues) but turns out Louis Smith was a bit of a disappointment. As in I got it wrong but great dancer for the show. Got Bonnie Langford literally on the last 2 words of the final clue! Which shows you how old I am to remember Just William in which she managed to remind the nation how annoying she was then rofl  Zip was a big surprise as I had him down for someone a lot older but I don't want to go on Youtube to be reminded to why I hated Take That in the 90's to check out how their dancing rofl 

Good idea to run it over a week though Strictly really can't do movie week with costumes now because it it will look utterly pathetic in comparison and we'd be demanding they put mask on their heads rofl

Message 29 of 132

Cleoriff
  • 122940 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Re The Masked Dancer @sheepdog .....If honest, I thought about Bonnie Langford when reference to 'I'll Scweam' was made. (Just William)

Then I thought, no it can't be her, no woman age 60 (sorry Bonnie, I now know you are 56 but I thought you were older) could do those leg lifts and jumping splits....rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 30 of 132