What are you watching right now?

TheresaV
Former Staff
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

frank-okay-R1J6Z1cnJZc-unsplash.jpg

Hi everyone wave

You might think we already have a couple of movie/series threads. But as @Cleoriff noticed, we don't have a thread where we can all chat about general TV and all the series, films and shows you discover and love. So, here it is!

Drop your recent watching and your recommendations in this thread. And maybe you will find a few things that you haven't watched yourself yet? 

Keep the remote on the ready tv

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 132
131 REPLIES 131

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@TheresaV 

Really pleased you picked up on what @Cleoriff said about a thread to chat about TV shows.

I love the repeats of old comedy shows on UK TV Drama - including Waiting For God and Last Of The Summer Wine. smiling

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 2 of 132

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

I think it was a really great idea @Mi-Amigo, we have been really missing that! And as I only came to the UK about 5 years ago, there is loads of shows I don't know and never heard of! So actually this is a bit selfish as I will steal all of you guys' favourite shows and watch them upside_down

The ones you recommended, where do you usually watch them? Are they just on daytime telly?

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 3 of 132

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Line of Duty is my favourite series and the last one just ended with an dumb finale, so all fans are hoping for another series.

Mare of Eastown (with Kate Winslet) is available for download now from Sky. Absolutely superb drama.

Great to see Kate playing a grumpy cop with all sorts of problems at home. She is investigating two murders. A twist at the end.

Innocent (with Katherine Kelly) was on ITV, also excellent. She plays a teacher who was jailed for 5 years for the murder of a pupil. She was innocent of all charges. Released when other evidence comes to light. Then the hunt is on to find the real killer. Also available for download

The Pact  on BBC . A great drama about a group of women who work at a canning factory and have a young boss who is obnoxious. At the end of a party they bundle the drunken boss into the boot of the car and leave him in the woods. They have second thoughts and go back to get him, only to find him strangled. Available for download

The Syndicate (series 4) A group of people working at a dog kennel win £17,000,000 on the lottery. However, they are told they have won £500 by the shopowners boyfriend. He takes the ticket, claims the money and flies off to Monaco with his beloved dog. Written by the excellent Kay Mellor, it's funny, romantic and all works out well in the end..

The Serpent (based on a real life story) It is based on the crimes of serial killer Charles Sobhraj, who murdered young tourists between 1975 and 2000. Originally on BBC and now on Netflix.

We have had some real good TV this year. It doesn't matter that I love Emmerdale and Corrie and am currently watching the Masked dancer.....I also enjoy a damn good drama. rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 132

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35214 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Waiting for God, haven't seen it in ages - Stephanie Cole on top form, as ever, and the late Graham Crowden.
I also think Stephanie Cole shines in a favourite radio series, Cabin Pressure, with the excellent wit of John Finnemore and alongside John and Roger Allam and Benedict Cumberbatch.
https://m.soundcloud.com/shanglitterbombed/cabin-pressure-s02-e02-gdansk
See, post 5 and I have already gone off-topic 🙄

Message 5 of 132

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

Waiting for God, haven't seen it in ages - Stephanie Cole on top form, as ever, and the late Graham Crowden.
I also think Stephanie Cole shines in a favourite radio series, Cabin Pressure, with the excellent wit of John Finnemore and alongside John and Roger Allam and Benedict Cumberbatch.
https://m.soundcloud.com/shanglitterbombed/cabin-pressure-s02-e02-gdansk
See, post 5 and I have already gone off-topic 🙄

Doesn't matter @pgn, it's all related isn't it wink

signature

Message 6 of 132

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Brilliant recommendations @Cleoriff! I am watching Kate Winslet's series now but previously watched The Serpent and it's amazing! Our problem with Line of Duty is that we saw so many spoilers on Gogglebox that we ended up not watching it anymore sweat_smile

But all three, Innocent, The Pact and The Syndicate sound just like the kind of TV I like, so I will definitely look them up and hopefully one of them will be my weekend watch innocent

signature

Message 7 of 132

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Love Googlebox @TheresaV rofl

If you like lighthearted stupid TV programmes, my husband is a fan of Taskmaster.

Greg Davies as the taskmaster, Alex North as his sidekick and a group of celebs having to complete the most stupid, farcical but funny tasks to score points

On Channel 4 normally but as the last series has ended then it's currently being shown on Dave.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 132

Anonymous
Not applicable

I watched a good oldish film last week: Cache 2005 (aka Hidden) psychological thriller, directed by Michael Haneke, staring Juliette Binoche and Daniel Auteuile. Highly recommended but not for the faint hearted.

Message 9 of 132

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I watched a good oldish film last week: Cache 2005 (aka Hidden) psychological thriller, directed by Michael Haneke, staring Juliette Binoche and Daniel Auteuile. Highly recommended but not for the faint hearted.

Was that on Netflix @Anonymous?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 132