Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Would Yoy Do If You Won £1Million?

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Many people have dreams of what they'd do if they won £1million. Personally, I'd buy a nice little flat with plenty of shelving for my films and boxsets. My tastes are simple 😊

So, what would you do if you won £1million?
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Retire!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 28

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

I'd do something similar, @Glory1, and buy a nice place full of DVDs, Blu-Rays, and a top-notch large kitchen. I would probably want a house with a garden though, not a flat, so I can get a dog So I'd prep for retirement,@MI5, but I'd keep working for now wink

Maybe on the side I'd also get a new phone (at last), since my screen has been cracked for a while pensive 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 3 of 28

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions
The one thing I wouldn't do is tell anyone. There are countless stories of people who have won the lottery, and then find out that they have all these friends and relatives they've never met before, not to mention getting requests from every charity under the sun.
A lot of people can't handle coming into large sums of money very quickly. A guy in my local area in London won £6 million. He was broke within two years. He was a gambler and just started making larger bets.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 28

ComaChameleon
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 2200 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I would buy a flat in my favourite city... And travel..

iPhone 14 Pro Max * 128 GB * Deep Purple * unlocked
iPad Pro 11" wifi * 128 GB * silver + Apple Pencil 2
Apple Watch Series 5 Nike+ (& Series 2)
MacBook Pro 15" 2018 + Magic Mouse 2
Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR * iPhone 12 Pro Max * iPhone 14 Pro Max
Message 5 of 28

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I would buy a large bungalow with a garden. Also employ someone to help with garden and cleaning. Smiley Very Happy

I would also buy one of those very large luxury 'holiday' homes by the sea.

The rest I would donate to Cancer UK...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 28

Poppysmum
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

I would hand in my notice at work and work notice they not diddling me out of money wink

I would then buy a big place in the country and all the waif and stray animals could live with me and our Poppy my dog slight_smile

Message 7 of 28

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Buying property seems to be a theme here. And I'm surprised only @MI5 would retire.

@Poppysmumyou said you'd hand in your notice at work. Does this mean you'd also retire like @MI5 or do something else more suited to your new country lifestyle?

And I couldn't agree more with @Bambino, tell no one. I remember the horror stories too. Begging letters and relatives you never knew you had and, quite frankly, wish would sink back into the muck from which they came.

And spend, spend, spend seems to be what many do if they have a big win on the lottery. They can't spend it fast enough on luxuries they don't actually appreciate or have a use for. The saying "A fool and his money....." is very apt for many lottery big winners.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 8 of 28

Poppysmum
Level 19: Quirky
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

@Glory1 wrote:

Buying property seems to be a theme here. And I'm surprised only @MI5 would retire.

@Poppysmumyou said you'd hand in your notice at work. Does this mean you'd also retire like @MI5 or do something else more suited to your new country lifestyle?

And I couldn't agree more with @Bambino, tell no one. I remember the horror stories too. Begging letters and relatives you never knew you had and, quite frankly, wish would sink back into the muck from which they came.

And spend, spend, spend seems to be what many do if they have a big win on the lottery. They can't spend it fast enough on luxuries they don't actually appreciate or have a use for. The saying "A fool and his money....." is very apt for many lottery big winners.

I wouldnt retire as such because i would be looking after all the animals we would be one big happy family. 

dog cat hamster rabbit fox speak_no_evil turtle chicken bird pig

Message 9 of 28

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

A  lovely idea @Poppysmum

I will come and visit you and all your animals....turtlechickendogcatbirdrabbitfoxpigfrog Cat

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 28