Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Made Me Angry Today

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92812 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6909 Solutions

Following on from the 'happy today' thread....

I am appalled, angered and very sad reading this article in the local paper today.

https://news.lovepattayathailand.com/national/new-regulation-lifts-ban-on-export-of-elephants/

Whilst the preservationists around the world are up in arms about the danger of wildlife extinction, the imbeciles in the Thai army-controlled government make this insane decision. Beyond livid!

Message 1 of 47
46 REPLIES 46

Cleoriff
  • 122117 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

As am I @jonsie 

What the hell does this mean???

“We are aware that sending Thai elephants or elephant products to other countries is a very sensitive issue, so we will ensure that decisions on this matter will be carefully considered with national interest being the top priority,” he added.

I have NO idea of the purpose of this at all!!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 47

jonsie
  • 92812 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6909 Solutions

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 24899 Posts
  • 798 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Added to that:

“Elephants and elephant-related products can only be exported for research, diplomatic purposes or for exchange between academic institutes and museums,” he said.

"research"? same excuse the Japanese used to try and justify their whaling before quitting the IWC.

What the hell does "diplomatic purposes" mean? and which "academic institutes and museums" are going to soil their dirty fingers and money-making hands?

Makes me angry. Very angry. 

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 4 of 47

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10628 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
@jonsie 😢😢😢 so sad

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 5 of 47

Cleoriff
  • 122117 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

Instead of talking about NATIONAL interest, they should be considering INTERNATIONAL interest. rage

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 47

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

UBBELIEVABLE angry_devil

As @jonsie said for 'national interest read money'. That's what it's all about with no concern for the elephants.

This all makes me sick to my stomach, very angry and very sad. Elephants are such beautiful and gentle creatures. They should be left in peace

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 7 of 47

Mi-Amigo
  • 24899 Posts
  • 798 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@jonsie; @Cleoriff ; @TallTrees : @Glory1 

This heartless decision has really upset me.

I cannot, personally, do anything about the elephants in Thialand but believe that I can at least do a little bit for the African elephants which face poachers.

What I am going to do, over this weekend, is adopt an African elephant through the Born Free Foundation and I will pay the monthly subscription.

What I propose is for you, the wonderful caring people who I regards as friends, to name our elephant.

I am deadly serious. It might only be one elephant. But one elephant which not be slaughtered and its tusks taken for profit.

Thank God there are people like you out there who care.

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 8 of 47

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10628 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
HOPE

@Mi-Amigo

A lovely thought

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 9 of 47

Mi-Amigo
  • 24899 Posts
  • 798 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @TallTrees  and your suggestion

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 10 of 47