Did you mean:ย 

Welcoming new fluffy friends ๐Ÿน

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi everyone, 

I've got some very exciting news: I'll be adopting two guinea pigs this weekend!  

Picture of enclosure for guinea pigs

We've been preparing their new home all week, researching vets, insurance, food, care tips and all sorts of things to make sure they are happy piggies. Here's the enclosure we've prepared - the ramp between the two levels will be added tonight, we are putting the finishing touches to it and making sure it's safe and secure:

Not pictured in this photo are all the toys, tunnels and "boredom-breakers" I've also got for them to keep them active and entertained. โ˜บ๏ธ

Tomorrow morning I'm heading to a rescue in Richmond to meet a few pairs of guinea pigs and hopefully, if everything goes well, bring one (pair) back home with me. I'll post pictures of them next week slight_smile

In the past, I've only ever had dogs (and one rescue bird that stayed with me for a few years as well), so this is all very new for me. 

Do any of you guys have experience with guinea pigs? Any tips and advice you could share? I've been reading a lot about piggies and watching many videos lately, and all help is very welcome!

โ†’ Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
โ†’ Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
โ†’ Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
โ†’ Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 106
105 REPLIES 105

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I'll save him mine when I go out for lunch on Sunday. I hate the stuff, it's like chewing a tree!poop

Message 61 of 106

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@jonsie Both Cookie and Brownie would happily take those off your hands joy

โ†’ Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
โ†’ Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
โ†’ Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!

signature

Message 62 of 106

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin'ย 
  • 10672 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
Pretty cute photos @EmilieT
Happy weekend to Cookie and Brownie

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 63 of 106

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @EmilieT & Fluffies

Lovely photos Emilie

May I ask what is a treat for Cookie & Brownie ... do they have treats which come in packets like Dreamies for cats

I'd love to see a photo of the fluffies in their playpen smiling

Message 64 of 106

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Anonymous There are some grass and hay "cookies" sold in pet stores, but they go crazy for some fresh veggies or herbs they can't have too often so for now I'm going to use those as treats -for example some fresh coriander, they adore it! I read a few labels and many pre-made treats have some added sugar which isn't great for them at all, so I prefer sticking to more simple treats wink

I don't have a picture of the playpen now but I'll get one for you next time I take it out!

Until then, here they are both in a cosy bed on my lap, quietly waiting for the hoovering to be over in the living room slight_smile

Screenshot 2019-09-16 at 08.04.42.png

signature

Message 65 of 106

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Love the latest photo [of the fluffballs on your lap] @EmilieT slight_smile

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 66 of 106

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin'ย 
  • 10672 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
They look very happy @EmilieT
Nice cutie photo too๐Ÿ˜

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 67 of 106

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@jonsie I have yes, in a baby park I got online so they can roam free in a safe zone in the living room. I put a few boxes and tunnels in there, and after a few minutes staying hidden they run around and happily wreck havoc all over. We also extended their cage this weekend so they'd have some more space to run around during the day - they seem pretty pleased with it!

We have too many cables and small hiding spots in the flat to let them roam 100% freely, it wouldn't be safe at the moment for them confused Maybe sometime in the future though, they've only been with us for a week so who knows what kind of arrangements we can figure out smiling

signature

Message 69 of 106

Anonymous
Not applicable

Screenshot 20**Personal info** at 08.04.42.png
@EmilieT lovely photo of your Fluffy Friends snuggling up together xx 

Message 70 of 106