Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome to MMXXII

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

Hi hope you all had a good new year and all the best for the forthcoming.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Happy New Year to you @anticpated ❤️

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 10

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Happy New Year @anticpated 

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 3 of 10

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92910 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35210 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Missed this, my Forum reading efforts have taken a nosedive in recent months, and notifications do not exist for new topics - found this by scanning down through your posts list after clicking on your exynos post, @anticpated. Hope 2022 affords more photogenic moments than last year 👍

Message 5 of 10

anticpated
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

Pgn what is your opinion of bridge cameras?

Message 6 of 10

pgn
  • 35210 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

I have no opinion - I went from a Boots 110 point-and-click to SLR (not a big name one either) to digital point-and-click (Fuji) to phone camera. Never looked at or owned a bridge camera (even had to look it up, tbh, @anticpated).

Message 7 of 10

anticpated
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

The advantages and disadvantages to a bridge camera are probably this.

Advantages

Less bulk with the lens being built in.

Slightly larger size allows it use more of a sensor.

Bigger zoom range and more focal stops.

Disadvantages

No interchangeable lens options.

I feel this might be the peak point of what I want to achieve. Don't get more wrong I love the fact you can pick up a smartphone. Point and shoot, then edit in software all in the one place.

From the time I started getting into photo editing again, I have relearned some of the stuff and expanded upon by understanding the functions of a camera better.

Well it is food for thought.

Message 8 of 10

pgn
  • 35210 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Also the bridge camera lacks the mirror and prism commonly used in the DSLR camera, so should be quieter - less "shutter slap", as well as being lighter. The disadvantage is the viewfinder is a screen, with an image taken directly from the sensor behind the lens.

Swings and roundabouts, I guess.

Message 9 of 10

anticpated
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

I was thinking about something like a Sony RX10 IV as for all the disadvantages it has over DSLR it makes up for with the autofocus and 24mm-600mm focal length of the lens.  So that will be great for things in the distance and not so accesible like wildlife, tree animals and that sort of thing. 

It does say the low-light performance of the camera isn't so good in reviews although I am not sure about the sensor size and ISO range of it from the top of my head.

According to the website, ISO 100-12800 in normal operation and double that in multiframe mode. What I have discovered on the S21 Ultra is when I use night mode often it exegerates the amount of correction required to the point where things can become overblurred. 

I started using Samsung Expert Raw more along with Lightroom Mobile for more plausible results.  Until I get myself a better laptop I will be using that as the screen representaion is better. Anyway since we are talking about toys anybody else bought any or looking to buy any?

Message 10 of 10