Did you mean: 

Week off, not doing a lot ✍️😴

lewys-gp
Former Staff
  • 921 Posts
  • 89 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hey, everyone.

I'll be away from the community between Friday (13th May 👻) and next Thursday (19th May). What will I be doing instead? Arguably, a bit of a busman's holiday 🚌...

I was informed by the very kind @Martin-O2 that I needed to take more time off. As someone who has worked since he was legally allowed to (and a bit before that!), this is the first time I've been told to take time off by anyone who is my superior 🤣.

So, I pondered, what shall I do?

I have an aunt who lives in Portugal, about a couple of hours away from Lisbon. But, she's actually back in the UK that week, so no luck! Then, I saw there was the Great Rail Sale last month. I began planning a trip (London > Manchester > Leeds > Newcastle > Edinburgh > London), but ultimately, deemed it too costly.

In the end, I've decided to be quite boring. I'll be staying at home. Relaxing and writing. As well as my contributions to the Poetry Corner on the odd, I'm also writing a book in my free time. I have set myself a goal of 20,000 words to write during this week off 😱.

That's why I said it'll be a bit of a busman's holiday, because I'll likely spend a lot of it at my desk anyway 😂.

See you all soon 👋.

Community Manager for the O2 Community 🙂
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

BobM
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 4297 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@lewys-gp  ... 20,000 words?  You'll need a bit of time for that so I think you should take two weeks off.

Enjoy your break whatever you do and try to relax, but remember you have to come back.

Message 2 of 13

lewys-gp
Former Staff
  • 921 Posts
  • 89 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Cheers, @BobM. I'll definitely relax and just do some writing during the days. Hopefully, by setting a big goal, I manage to write a decent amount anyway 😅.

Community Manager for the O2 Community 🙂
Message 3 of 13

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Enjoy the time off @lewys-gp it's well earned. 😎

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 13

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25015 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Enjoy your time off @lewys-gp.

Hope you get the chance to relax, enjoy the weather if its fine sunglasses-emoji2.jpg and Good Luck with writing 20,000 words for your book. 

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 5 of 13

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10652 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

WHAT? time off ~ 

Enjoy @lewys-gp 

could put in a bit of gardening too.

See you soon 

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 6 of 13

RunrigForever
  • 2079 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Enjoy your planned writing Lewys ... wondering if you use say a laptop or handwrite ? Do what makes you happy xx

***DESORMAIS***
Message 7 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Have a good rest @lewys-gp. Enjoy your holiday.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 13

RafaC
Former Staff
  • 1774 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Enjoy it mate! Hope you manage to write a lot and also get some rest too slight_smile

Message 9 of 13

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11991 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

Hope you have a good break @lewys-gp and good luck with the word count!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 10 of 13