Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weather

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23065 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

Think we're having bad weather? This is tonight's forecast for the Northeastern US.

Weather.jpg

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 1 of 6,582
6,581 REPLIES 6,581

Anonymous
Not applicable

It’s this Apple Watch @Mi-Amigo .. telling me I’ve got to do at least 30 minutes exercise a day, stand up every hour & burn off at least 1000 calories. It was supposed to help me track my exercise but with not feeling so hot recently, it’s become a way to force / prompt me to exercise. Fairly expensive a month but well worth it.

Message 251 of 6,582

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

It’s this Apple Watch @Mi-Amigo .. telling me I’ve got to do at least 30 minutes exercise a day, stand up every hour & burn off at least 1000 calories. It was supposed to help me track my exercise but with not feeling so hot recently, it’s become a way to force / prompt me to exercise. Fairly expensive a month but well worth it.

Good on ya @Anonymous sounds a good thing 

I've no use for a fit band or smart watch

Low tech home and low tech lifestyle

But don't take away my Xperia L1 or my laptop then I'd be stuffed

Was a gadabout town yesterday

No plans to go out today so staying in the warmth slobbing around the house smiling

Message 252 of 6,582

Anonymous
Not applicable

Went for a run this morning.. I say run... have you ever seen a spasticated Emu? That’s what I’m told I run like...

(Yes I can use that term because I have a diagnosis 😉 )

Message 253 of 6,582

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

My watch tells me I don't do enough steps in a day and that my heart rate is 95 at rest. God help me if I were to exercise, although that would be an impossibility at the moment.

Message 254 of 6,582

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have high bad cholesterol and should do something about it in a natural way ... am on statins from my GP

Am small boned but with lots of weight on them

Good excercise for me would be Swimming ... but ... me in a swimsuit ... = ... OMG 

There is a lovely walk through the town park up to the swimming baths with plenty of seats to rest upon along the way ... I have a lovely black swimsuit with big red roses / green leaves on, but never had the courage to wear it

It wouldn't bother me if it were bad weather as I'd be getting wet in the swimming baths.

Been cold, dry and the wind has dropped today ... however ... wore my Russian gear when out to celebrate my birthday with friends

Message 255 of 6,582

Cleoriff
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Running? God those were the days. rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 256 of 6,582

BOSSGOGG
Level 8: Talented
  • 384 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

My wife didn't take up running until her mid 30's . She is now a fully fledged running mentalist 😂😁.

I have been considering a fit bit. Wife and kids have them. Might get a cheap knock-off to see if I would use it.

Since getting the news my first transplant was failing in 2015 I have done a minimum of 5k along the beach every day. Sometimes running, sometimes actually crawling.

Some tech motivation might be useful 😁

unnamed
Message 257 of 6,582

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@BOSSGOGG  as you mention your first transplant (which you said on another thread, was a kidney), did the activity stop it failing? As a retired nurse, this is very interesting to me.wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 258 of 6,582

BOSSGOGG
Level 8: Talented
  • 384 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Hi @Cleoriff .

Yes, was a kidney transplant. I have had 2 - one from my dad in 2002 and one from my sister in 2017. I self administered dialysis at home before the first one.

With end stage failure nothing will stop it failing. It's only a matter of when you will need dialysis to stay alive. Even this is quite subjective.

Staying fit may help the longevity.

Though from my point of view it was a combination of being fit for health sake and knowing I would have a transplant coming at some point in the near future to recover from. I had already promised the kids I would beat my previous record for recovery and getting back to work ( out of hospital on day 5 and back to work week 5 ) which I did.

So I dragged my ass round a grueling course every night...😂

And now I exercise to try and keep the steroid weight gain at bay. In vain mostly 😁

unnamed
Message 259 of 6,582

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12069 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Wow.
Hope you (it) keeps going.
Re: the fit bit - I have the Xiaomi Mi Band. Does everything the Fit Bit does but only cost £25.
Battery lasts more than 20 days.
The 3 and 4 have colour screens (the 2 has a green tinted screen). Can get them off Amazon or Ali Express (bit cheaper but takes longer to arrive).

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 260 of 6,582