Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weather

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23991 Posts
  • 1045 Topics
  • 3773 Solutions

Think we're having bad weather? This is tonight's forecast for the Northeastern US.

Weather.jpg

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 1 of 7,344
7,343 REPLIES 7,343

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 125968 Posts
  • 831 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

Still raining! 13c and oh so dark!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7321 of 7,344

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12620 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1155 Solutions

Rain persisted into the evening, with the only change how hard it was coming down!

Managed to get the dog out for a brief walk when it wasn't too bad. Don't think I'm her favourite any more...

This morning it isn't currently raining, but everything is sodden and the sky looks like more could be due.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 7322 of 7,344

gmarkj
  • 12620 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1155 Solutions

Just to add to the ridiculous rain stories, this road was the route I was supposed to take on Sunday when we drove down to London.

Unsurprisingly, it was (and still is) closed...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/videos/c5ywxnl89exo 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Message 7323 of 7,344

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9283 Posts
  • 214 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

Tuesday :-

Stopped raining circa 4.00am ; grey and cloudy during today. 

14 degrees celsius at the time of writing. A little cooler throughout the day - got up to about 17 degrees celsius at 2.00pm. 

Message 7324 of 7,344

Oxonian
  • 9283 Posts
  • 214 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:

Just to add to the ridiculous rain stories, this road was the route I was supposed to take on Sunday when we drove down to London.

Sir Steve Redgrave would have felt at home on that road @gmarkj ; we'll see what damage has been done when the water disappears. 👍 

Message 7325 of 7,344

Cleoriff
  • 125968 Posts
  • 831 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:

Good grief @gmarkj. This deluge of rain has flooded places which have not known flooding before. 

Just shows the wide variations in UK weather. The week before when we were down in Poole, it was really sunny and warm. We had one day when it was 25c.

Today Weds 25th, it's 8c with a dull leaden sky offering  plenty more rain.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7326 of 7,344

gmarkj
  • 12620 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1155 Solutions

That road was only opened at the end of 2010, and while there have been a few puddles under that bridge it's fair to say it's never been that bad before!

I think the amount of drainage didn't take into account this level of rain @Oxonian @Cleoriff , or assumed that the water storage areas would be able to cope.

No rain last night, and none this morning either. 

Message 7327 of 7,344

Oxonian
  • 9283 Posts
  • 214 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

Wednesday :-

Some overnight rain. Grey and cloudy but dry during today until about 5.00pm, when heavy rain started and continues at the time of writing.   

13 degrees celsius at the time of writing and got up to about 16 degrees celsius at 2.00pm. 

Message 7328 of 7,344

Oxonian
  • 9283 Posts
  • 214 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:

That road was only opened at the end of 2010, and while there have been a few puddles under that bridge it's fair to say it's never been that bad before!

I think the amount of drainage didn't take into account this level of rain @Oxonian @Cleoriff , or assumed that the water storage areas would be able to cope.

No rain last night, and none this morning either. 

The photographs look quite dramatic @gmarkj ; but it is impossible to say with confidence from the images that I have seen actually how much water is on that road. 👍    

Message 7329 of 7,344

jonsie
  • 93982 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

I live on a hill and you could have sailed down the road today

Glad I don't live at the bottom of the hill

11°C and yes....still raining and quite windy with it!

Message 7330 of 7,344