Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watchdog & Scams

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92910 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It might be worth seeing Watchdog tonight.

I believe there is an item on mobile networks and scams.

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

Payforit_Sucks
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 210 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@Brownr2 wrote:
Hi terrible service from o2 called customer service passing the buck it's 3rd party and cannot help or refund.
Was provided a customer care number to call for Wahoo and without fail there lines have been on answer machine all day what a coquncidence.
I am still out of pocket and no further forward.
Needing help with this as its fraud if it was a credit card or would have been sorted by now.
The caller basically emplied I have subscribed possibly through market research with is a load of rubbish

@Chris_Kcan you explain why O2 are still failing to meet their obligations in respect of Payforit scams. We now know that these bogus "subscriptions" are likely the result of clickjacking exploits (actually we've known for a couple of years but O2 have ignored the evidence). O2 should try to make things right here!

Unfortunately Payforit isn't like using a credit card. When you pay for something using "charge to mobile", you relinquish your consumer rights. Other payment systems are REQUIRED to have complaints, disputes resolution and refund mechanisms. "Charge to Mobile" has none of these. If you are offered a choice of payment mechanisms don't choose "charge to mobile". If something goes wrong with the transaction you'll regret it!

If you can only pay for something using "charge to mobile", ask yourself why? Might it just be that reputable payment processors wouldn't touch this service with a bargepole!

Phone payment scam? Need independent advice? Payforit Faq for O2 Customers

Help put a stop to these scams. Join our Facebook Group
Message 21 of 23

Payforit_Sucks
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 210 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@Brownr2 wrote:
Hi terrible service from o2 called customer service passing the buck it's 3rd party and cannot help or refund.
Was provided a customer care number to call for Wahoo and without fail there lines have been on answer machine all day what a coquncidence.
I am still out of pocket and no further forward.
Needing help with this as its fraud if it was a credit card or would have been sorted by now.
The caller basically emplied I have subscribed possibly through market research with is a load of rubbish

Hmm. The usual tosh from O2. They know they are in the wrong here, but unfortunately they have already taken the money. Under The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013, the burden of proof would be on O2 to prove that the money was taken lawfully and not on you to prove that it wasn't.

Fortunately though, Wahoo Lts are UK based and therefore subject to the UK Small Claims procedure. I recommend using this to recover your money.

Details for Wahoo are:

Phone: 03300538651 

email helpdesk@wahoolondon.com

Address: Wahoo London, 142 Cromwell Road, Kensington, London, SW7 4EF

Details of the company, including its director can be found at Companies House:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/07688147

A template letter before action is here: https://payforitsucks.co.uk/letter-before-action-service-provider-or-level-1-provider/

It is a disgrace that O2 are unwilling to help this, but you should be able to recover your money if you follow the steps on the Payforitsucks website.

Phone payment scam? Need independent advice? Payforit Faq for O2 Customers

Help put a stop to these scams. Join our Facebook Group
Message 22 of 23

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
Ye just watched it now was interesting along with the Pidgeons lol
Message 23 of 23