Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watchdog & Scams

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It might be worth seeing Watchdog tonight.

I believe there is an item on mobile networks and scams.

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

it looks as if I 'may' be changing the guide again....and it's only a day old joy

Although I will wait and see on this one....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 23

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10652 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
Well I know you will be so happy 😊 to change it to confirm that 😊
So many people scammed out of their money just unacceptable. I still find it unbelievable "scam" is a mild word for it.

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 12 of 23

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey guys,

Just wanted to pop in and clear up a few things. The 11th May is just our date that our partners must implement our extra layer of protection for customers, in the form of a PIN that is sent to your device, or a text which you need to respond to before any purchase is processed. This is a safety measure we have implemented pro-actively, and is not something that has been imposed or forced upon us. This is something we have been exploring for some time, and after ensuring we were happy with our testing and user journey, we’ve decided to implement it. The timing of this same subject being discussed on last night’s Watchdog is purely coincidental.

We hope this will put an end to any customers who are worried or concerned about accidentally signing up to something they didn’t want, while still giving customers an easy way to register and subscribe to services should they wish.

More info.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 13 of 23

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

That's good to know @Chris_K . The show was an eye-opener with regards to click-jacking. We must get at least 10 posts a week about this and O2 have been sadly lacking in their responsibility up to now.

Message 14 of 23

Payforit_Sucks
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 210 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

That's good to know @Chris_K . The show was an eye-opener with regards to click-jacking. We must get at least 10 posts a week about this and O2 have been sadly lacking in their responsibility up to now.

@Chris_K 

I wish I could believe that the new rules for Payforit had nothing to do with the Special Conditions that PSA are currently consulting on. You have known for several months that you are going to be forced to do this. However you have known for several years that clickjacking scams were resulting in bogus Payforit subscriptions, and have continued to treat defrauded customers with utter contempt. Even today, there are a number of Payforit cases where O2 are refusing to help. Now that we know how they became subscribed, surely O2 has to adopt a more helpful attitude to their customers and a more robust attitude to Payforit scams.

Three claim to have cut ties with Lasevia Ltd, who are responsible for bout 40% of the scams I have dealt with in the past year. Are you doing the same?

I await 11th May with interest and hope that the new regime will be more rigidly enforced than the previous one. I'm currently dealing with a case involving a service called Mocoplay. Despite the O2 statement to BBC Watchdog, O2 are unable to even provide the name of the company operating the service, still less an address or a phone number! This makes a mockery of your claim that only "trusted partners" are allowed to make charges. How can you have a trusted partner you don't know the name of?

O2 Watchdog Statement.png

Phone payment scam? Need independent advice? Payforit Faq for O2 Customers

Help put a stop to these scams. Join our Facebook Group
Message 15 of 23

Payforit_Sucks
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 210 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@Brownr2 

Have you managed to resolve your issue with Wahoo Ltd to your satisfaction. I'd be interested to know whether after the BBC Watchdog demonstration of clickjacking, O2 have stopped telling defrauded customers that they must have "inadvertently subscribed". That was always a lie, but it has now been proven that this is the case.

O2 should now meet their obligation to help consumers defrauded as a result of vulnerabilities in their Payforit system

Phone payment scam? Need independent advice? Payforit Faq for O2 Customers

Help put a stop to these scams. Join our Facebook Group
Message 16 of 23

Brownr2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi terrible service from o2 called customer service passing the buck it's 3rd party and cannot help or refund.
Was provided a customer care number to call for Wahoo and without fail there lines have been on answer machine all day what a coquncidence.
I am still out of pocket and no further forward.
Needing help with this as its fraud if it was a credit card or would have been sorted by now.
The caller basically emplied I have subscribed possibly through market research with is a load of rubbish
Message 17 of 23

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 18 of 23

Brownr2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
On o2 website or Wahoo
Message 19 of 23

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Brownr2 wrote:
On o2 website or Wahoo

https://payforitsucks.co.uk/

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 20 of 23