Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Was it the Bacteria after all?

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35918 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1589 Solutions

So the tiniest of living creatures have been shown to be able to survive, if their numbers are large enough, in the cold, irradiated vacuum of Space.

This breathes life back into the argument regarding the origins of life on Earth: panspermia may be why we're all here! 

https://news.sky.com/story/bacteria-could-survive-journey-to-mars-according-to-international-space-s...

Whilst bacteria may survive such extremes, the jury's still out on whether virii, like our current enemy, SARS-CoV-2 virus, can survive on a sheet of steel in outer space, so... 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25145 Posts
  • 810 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @pgn 

With that sort of news, I`m now expecting Trump to announce that Covid-19 came from an alien crash in China, like the supposed alien crash in Area 51 in Roswell, New Mexico in the 1940s...  

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 2 of 6

ComaChameleon
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 2206 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

Thanks @pgn 

With that sort of news, I`m now expecting Trump to announce that Covid-19 came from an alien crash in China, like the supposed alien crash in Area 51 in Roswell, New Mexico in the 1940s...  

don't say that too loud, it could really happen @Mi-Amigo 

iPhone 14 Pro Max * 128 GB * Deep Purple * unlocked
iPad Pro 11" wifi * 128 GB * silver + Apple Pencil 2
Apple Watch Series 5 Nike+ (& Series 2)
MacBook Pro 15" 2018 + Magic Mouse 2
Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR * iPhone 12 Pro Max * iPhone 14 Pro Max
Message 3 of 6

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35918 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1589 Solutions

"The Truth is out there...."?

Message 4 of 6

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25145 Posts
  • 810 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Even UFOs Are Following Trump (Despite Being Undocumented Aliens) | HuffPost

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 5 of 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

All I will say is, if you go looking for bacteria and viruses, you will find them. (As was proved when we had the outbreak of MRSA in the 80's) Let's hope we don't waste millions on it as we did then!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 6