cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warm weather: love it or loathe it?

Anonymous
Not applicable

While I like the Sun, it seems that it often brings with it that horrible hot sticky atmosphere which is uncomfortable.

However, I know some like it.

So do you like or loathe such weather?

Message 1 of 57
56 REPLIES 56

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

If you were in Florida September and October @Cleoriff you would have been there during the height of the hurricane season, which runs from June 1 to November 1. This time of year is very pleasant. Warm temps and low humidity. The summers are brutal. Lots of people from the north come to Florida from December to May. They're commonly known as 'snow birds'. Only the British come to Florida in the summer. 'Mad Dogs and Englishmen...'.:smileywink:

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 11 of 57

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sun worshipper here!!!

I wear shorts all year round.. so when the sun comes out. I don’t look like a total div!! Bring it on!!
Message 12 of 57

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

If you were in Florida September and October @Cleoriff you would have been there during the height of the hurricane season, which runs from June 1 to November 1. This time of year is very pleasant. Warm temps and low humidity. The summers are brutal. Lots of people from the north come to Florida from December to May. They're commonly known as 'snow birds'. Only the British come to Florida in the summer. 'Mad Dogs and Englishmen...'.:smileywink:

I would never think of going during the school holidays (July-beginning of September) @Bambino I imagine that would be unbearable. I didn't mind the rain...it never lasted long and the occasional storms were spectacular. I would watch from inside the villa. Ray would stand outside and soak it up....now there's a "Mad Dog and Englishman" LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 57

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

I love warm summer evenings @Anonymous but not such a fan of the hot sweaty days that come with it. 25 to 28 with a breeze is doable but anything warmer and I start to suffer. sun cool

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 14 of 57

Anonymous
Not applicable

Warm weather with sunshine is forecast for tomorrow in Skipton sun ... looking to be outside at the table in the yard imbibing a few Cheers & having a light bite cake

I once lived & worked in Sharjah, UAE & was there throughout their summer = 117degrees & 100% humidity ... it was drier heat in the mornings ... when hanging out the washing you literally dripped ... got a lovely honey coloured tan slight_smile

Image result for sharjah images

Image result for Skipton images

Message 15 of 57

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Yes its meant to be warm here tomorrow @Anonymous I will believe it when I see it innocent

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 57

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Yes its meant to be warm here tomorrow @Anonymous I will believe it when I see it innocent

Yep...dull cloudy and rainy. Great.. I expect it will get here this afternoon if at all...disappointed

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 57

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hotting up here nicely..
Washing is out..
Message 18 of 57

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions