Message 1 of 57
56 REPLIES 56

Cleoriff
  • 122800 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@MercedesS wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

Any hope of reversing the Wanty's thread, it's an institution on here? Maybe that's where we all belong..... 

If you can explain what that means... Because it is there!

No it isn't 'there' @MercedesS. It's been split into two parts without discussion. Part 1 and Part 2

It isn't what it was....and should be put back as one long thread. As said previously it was meant to be an admin/mod free zone asked for and agreed by management at the time. It has never created a problem before...As such it should never have been split without asking

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 41 of 57

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

No it isn't 'there' @MercedesS. It's been split into two parts without discussion. Part 1 and Part 2

It isn't what it was....and should be put back as one long thread. As said previously it was meant to be an admin/mod free zone asked for and agreed by management at the time. It has never created a problem before...As such it should never have been split without asking

Yes, true, now it has 2 pages sob And you are right, it has never been a problem and now it is.

So, would you rather have the community removed from the O2 search like now? 

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 42 of 57

Cleoriff
  • 122800 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

I give up....It's a bit like a dictatorship at the moment.

Wantys obviously means nothing to you... but it means a lot to the regulars.

I simply said a discussion would have been better. Questions could have been asked and you could have gone with what your users wanted

I find it hard to believe that after having Wantys for years with no problems ...that suddenly you are being told to split threads .

You have turned our Virtual bar into a political debating field. Time to move on...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 43 of 57

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

I am sorry but you are not right here, @Cleoriff. I do care and that is why I have been here talking to you all. It is really hard to read you think I am a dictator. Weird

But my job is to think about "the community" and to get the community back to the search to be able to help other users. That is why we are here for, aren't we? 

I am so sorry to see you don't agree with me and that you would rather have long topics disappointed_relieved We just have a different opinion! 

I wish we could do our job and, at the same time. all of you happy... but it seems impossible Cry 

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 44 of 57

Cleoriff
  • 122800 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

I said my last comment was an end to my discussion on this issue...now in response to you I will just say this finally...

You discussed AFTER the event @MercedesS not before. No way did I say I liked long topics. I said a discussion was the way forward before implementing change of this nature.

That way you would have proved you cared about what your users wanted and not made an autocratic decision without debate.

It is a community for users helping other users.

I too, have managed large groups of staff within NHS Trusts and Educational Institutions. Major changes in policy go out for debate...or if it's due to a government directive, we at least inform people of the change

We never just implement change on a whim. There is no consistency.

We were informed about the new emoticons.....but weren't told or asked about this?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 45 of 57

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

I have the feeling on going nowhere... Confused

As I said, you are so lucky to open a debate within the NHS to decide about your job. I wish we could do the same. But we cannot. Not all the jobs are the same wink

Thanks for all the feedback. heart

Message 46 of 57

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93176 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I think we've all had our say now so we need to get back to what Wanty's is all about. Drinking and having a laugh CheersGood Idea

Message 47 of 57

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

HeroHerodrinkchampagneHeroHero

Message 48 of 57

blissgirl
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 7219 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
all quite here I do agree with @Cleoriff said and the others much preferred the old wanty's thread & virtual lounge one slight_smile
iPhone 15 plus 128Gb light pink (with Vodafone) slight_smile
Message 49 of 57

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Thanks for your feedback! But we shouldn't have more than 100 pages per topic to improve the community performance so... sorry but, has to be done sweat 

You can always read the other 900 pages by following the link Wanty's New Place hereDestroy

Message 50 of 57