Did you mean: 

WHITE ROOM QUIZ - "Fun", "Comedy", "Humour" themed

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

question-room-thurs-quiz2.png

As mentioned it the Advance Notice [ see here ], this week`s White Room Quiz is slightly different.

To try and slightly lighten the mood in these dark and doomy days, this week`s White Room Quiz will be a themed one - with the usual EIGHT questions - but each question, in some way, connected to the theme of "fun", "comedy", and "humour".

The questions have been posted earlier than usual to give everyone as long as possible to think about the answers.

PLEASE NOTE AMENDED TIMES BELOW FOR SENDING YOUR PM'S WITH ANSWERS

The White Room Quiz is open to all members

I hope our regular quizzers

@Cleoriff  @pgn  @jonsie  @MI5  @OldFart  @gmarkj  @WispaRed7 

O2 staff - @Marjo  @Martin-O2  @O2Adnan  @O2Sean 

and any member, who has taken part in the past or has never taken part, and new members

will join in with this week`s White Room Quiz.

THIS WEEK`S EIGHT QUESTIONS

Q1 [SPORT] Where, in America, is the F.U.N. Stadium [city and State] ?    

Q2 [MUSIC] Which band, with The Beach Boys, had a UK Top 30 hit in 1996 with "Fun, Fun, Fun"?  

Q3 [LITERATURE] In which decade was the comic "Fun" sold in London ?

Q4 [TV] What was the title of the first episode of Ch4 Comic Strip Presents, featuring "lashings of ginger beer"?

Q5 [FILM] What was the name of the character played by Stanley Holloway in the Ealing Comedy "Passport To Pimlico" [which incidentally is my - Mi-Amigo`s - favourite film] ?

Q6 [PLACES] Where, in America, is the National Comedy Hall of Fame [town and State] ?

Q7 [HISTORY] The Ancient Greeks believed the human body contained four humours. Three were - blood, yellow bile and black bile. What was the fourth humour?

Q8 [MEDICINE] Aqueous and vitreous humours are in chambers in which part of the human body ? 

The White Room Thursday Quiz will be open to all members of the Community.

Those who want to take part can pm [private message] me [Mi-Amigo] with their answers between 00.01 [one minute after midnight] on Wednesday 08 April and 23.59 [11.59pm] on Thursday 09 April

- allowing 48 hours to pm your answers.

Please do not post your answers on the thread.

The answers - and the results for each player taking part - will be posted on Friday morning.

Each member will be awarded star for each correct answer. In addition, each member who gives

EIGHT correct answers               SIX correct answers                     FOUR correct answers

will be awarded                       will be awarded                          will be awarded

silver-thinker.jpg                 bronze-thinker-crop.jpg                        red-thinker.jpg

SILVER THINKER                     BRONZE THINKER                             RED THINKER

THE RULES

Each member must pm [private message] their answers to me [Mi-Amigo] between 00.01 [one minute after midnight] on Wed 08 April and 23.59 [11.59pm] on Thursday 09 April 2020.

No member is to post any answer on the thread.

Any answer received after 23.59 [11.59pm] on Thursday 09 April will be declared void.

No googling, wiki, youtube search for answers.

As this is a "Fun" themed week, there is no QI-style question but a couple of questions are "tricky".

The White Room Thursday Quizz is open to all members.

I hope new members, who have recently joined the Community, and members who have not taken part before, will join the "regulars" with this week`s quiz. 

Please feel free to post any comments on the questions - but not the answers - on this thread.

If you have any questions about the quiz, please ask and I will reply here.

Thank you everyone for your interest and for making the quiz so popular.

I hope everyone enjoys this week`s White Room Thursday Quiz.

@Mi-Amigo  

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 65
64 REPLIES 64

Mi-Amigo
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff 

Thanks - pm with your eight answers received

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 11 of 65

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35208 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

PM sent @Mi-Amigo (A case of you either know them or you don't) roflFear

And I suppose you think you did, huh? Fear

I need to cogitate further, but half of them are as @Cleoriff says so far... We haven't had our family argument over the rest here yet, I think I shall bring it up later to take people's minds off latest advice to teach your cats about Social Distancing (more in Coronavirus thread).

(Tune from Muppets, "Mana manaaa...") 

Message 12 of 65

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@pgn 

One was a pure guess and I suspect wrong. They certainly weren't as easy as I thought (apart from the medical one) rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 65

Mi-Amigo
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Good luck with your family discussion @pgn 

Look forward to your pm with your answers.

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 14 of 65

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Incoming..........>>>
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 65

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35208 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Fire down the Funnel >>>

Message 16 of 65

Mi-Amigo
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 

Thank you. Pm with your eight answers received

@pgn 

Thanks. Pm with your eight answers received.

Still plenty of time - until 23.59 [11.59pm] tonight for everyone to pm their answers to me - Mi-Amigo.

Looking forward to receiving answers from @jonsie  @gmarkj  @Anonymous  @Anonymous   @Marjo   @Martin-O2  @O2Adnan  @O2Sean 

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 17 of 65

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Come on everybody. Get yer answers in. yahoo

I'm curious regarding some of the answers. I know which question I thought was the hardest. It will be interesting to know if we all thought the same Fear

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 65

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey guys hope you're having a good day so far!

I'm going to take a coffee break shortly so keep an eye out for my guesses @Mi-Amigo  sweat_smile

Message 20 of 65