Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122387 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Welcome to the APRIL FOOL edition of

question-room-thurs-quiz2.png

PLEASE NOTE AMENDED TIMES BELOW FOR SENDING YOUR PM'S WITH ANSWERS

As mentioned in the Advanced Notice on Monday HERE  I will be quizmaster this week and our resident quizmaster (  @Mi-Amigo ) will also be attempting to answer the 12 questions in this White Room April Fool Quiz  

THE  QUESTIONS

Q1: APRIL FOOL PRANKS: One of the greatest April Fool pranks of all time was the Spaghetti Tree Prank. In which country were Spaghetti trees said to be growing?

Q2: SCIENCE : In coal mining, what is known as firedamp?

Q3: TRIVIA: Who were the last two people to be imprisoned in the Tower Of London?

Q4:TELEVISION: Which famous film director, directed the first episode of Columbo in 1971?

Q5:GEOGRAPHY: Where is the Olympus Mons Mountain located?

Q6: SPORT. What football Club once had Field Marshal Montgomery as its Chairman and Arthur Conan Doyle as a goalkeeper?

Q7: ART: Which famous artist had himself tied to the mast of a ship so he could paint a storm?

Q8: MUSIC: Which Nobel Prize winner wrote 'Make You Feel My Love' for Adele?

Q9: WORDS: What is the connection between the following words: Leapfrog, Import, Shipwrecked, Zany?

Q10: MEDICINE: Where was the world's first human heart transplant performed in 1967

Q11: NATURE: What is the fastest two legged creature in the world?

Q12: HISTORY: Which British Prime Minister was Knighted a total of 26 times?

The White Room Thursday Quiz will be open to all members of the Community.

Those who want to take part will need to pm (private message) me ( @Cleoriff ) anytime after the questions are posted and up to 23.59 [11.59pm] on Thursday 2 April 2020.

Please do not post your answers on the thread.

The answers - and the results for each player taking part - will be posted on Friday 3rd April 2020.

THE AWARDS:

Each correct answer will be awarded a star . In addition, the following trophies will be awarded for

12 correct      10 correct     8 correct     6 correct     4 correct

answers          answers       answers      answers      answers

diamond-thinker.jpggolden-thinker.jpg     silver-thinker.jpg    bronze-thinker-crop.jpg      red-thinker.jpg

Diamond         Golden         Silver         Bronze              Red

Thinker           Thinker       Thinker      Thinker           Thinker

DUE TO THE UNPRECEDENTED AMOUNT OF POSTING ON THE FORUM, I HAVE CHANGED THE TIMES FOR ANSWERS VIA PM'S TO ME

THE RULES

Each member are able to pm (private message) their answers to me ( @Cleoriff from as soon as the questions are posted... and up to 23.59 (11.59pm) tomorrow -  Thursday 2 April 2020.

No member is to post any answer on the thread.

Any answer received after 23.59 [11.59pm] on Thursday will be declared void.

No googling, wiki, youtube search for answers.

I hope that our "regulars" quizzers

@gmarkj  @jonsie   @MI5  @pgn  @WispaRed7 @OldFart @Martin-O2 @Marjo and new members who said they would play... @O2Adnan @O2Sean 

all members who have played previously, those who have never played before, and new members will take part and join in.

Please feel free to post any comments on the questions - but not the answers - on this thread.

If you have any questions about the quiz, please ask and I will reply on here.

Thank you everyone for your interest and I hope everyone enjoys this April Fool edition of the White Room Thursday Quiz. (Particularly in this mad world we now find ourselves in) tongue_winking

@Cleoriff 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 99
98 REPLIES 98

Cleoriff
  • 122387 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Just a gentle reminder folks. So far I have only had emails from @MI5 and @Mi-Amigo 

This evening, before the madness starts over again, may be a good time to PM me your answers?

@gmarkj @jonsie @pgn  @Anonymous (Who hasn't been on today at all?) and @O2Sean along with @O2Adnan

I will mention @Anonymous  here as I haven't seen here for ages. She may wish to play. Not forgetting @Martin-O2 and @Marjo 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 21 of 99

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Cleoriff kissing_heart

I have just sent my answers to you via pm

Sorry not been on the forum much lately - just very tired

Thank you for reminding me about the quiz

Message 22 of 99

Cleoriff
  • 122387 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Thanks @Anonymous  PM received. xx

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 23 of 99

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @Cleoriff xx

Very varied questions

Message 24 of 99

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25030 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you @Cleoriff xx

Very varied questions

Hiya @Anonymous 

"Very varied" is one way of describing the questions LOL

- set by our very own "REGAL" @Cleoriff 

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 25 of 99

Cleoriff
  • 122387 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Oh yeah ...gone up a level now. Regal. Does that mean I'm a Queen? If so I may start issuing some decrees. joyrolling_eyes

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 26 of 99

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25030 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Oh yeah ...gone up a level now. Regal. Does that mean I'm a Queen? If so I may start issuing some decrees. joyrolling_eyes

Yep... a Killer Queen with dynamite and a laser beam Smiley LOL

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 27 of 99

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35243 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I want be a queen Whistle

Off with his head 👑🤣

(with due respects to Glory1!) 

Message 29 of 99

Cleoriff
  • 122387 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

Yep... a Killer Queen with dynamite and a laser beam Smiley LOL

I'll take that one @Mi-Amigo My favourite band and just how I feel right now. yahoo

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 30 of 99