• 3675 Solutions
Message 1 of 51
50 REPLIES 50

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Would that be the same general public who are now saying they voted incorrectly?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 41 of 51

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12070 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

Yep!

One point on this article also makes interesting reading - bascially unless parliament gives the ok, no PM can legally start the article 50 negotiations. So if parliament don't ok it (and without a leader I can't see the Tories going for it) then it won't happen regardless of the result!

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-uk-leaves-the-eu-36671629

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 42 of 51

Cleoriff
  • 122923 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

The problem with any type of stalling by the UK...is that the EU are aware that we voted out. Therefore we would be up the proverbial creek without a paddle. They wont look favourably on any such tactic..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 43 of 51

MI5
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
It's quite simple - Our country is full to bursting point, the NHS is on it's knees and we're broke.
If they can fix all that then I'll back whoever it is or whatever we do.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 44 of 51

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:

Yep!

One point on this article also makes interesting reading - bascially unless parliament gives the ok, no PM can legally start the article 50 negotiations. So if parliament don't ok it (and without a leader I can't see the Tories going for it) then it won't happen regardless of the result!

I did post info earlier in this thread regarding Parliamentary Sovereignty

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 45 of 51

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

I'm not sure anyone in this country has a clue what is going to happen. Seems to me we have wasted millions on a referendum which was voted for by the people (some blindly without a clue) which now seems to be totally up in the air. The EU says get out now, PM has resigned, Boris and Farage are euphoric but having destabilised the country are now content to sit back smugly and leave the country in the sorry mess it is. What a total shambles.

Message 46 of 51

Cleoriff
  • 122923 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I'm not sure anyone in this country has a clue what is going to happen. Seems to me we have wasted millions on a referendum which was voted for by the people (some blindly without a clue) which now seems to be totally up in the air. The EU says get out now, PM has resigned, Boris and Farage are euphoric but having destabilised the country are now content to sit back smugly and leave the country in the sorry mess it is. What a total shambles.

And Jeremy Corbyn who has been given a vote of no confidence by most of his Labour MP's... is refusing to to get out. We must be a laughing stock across the world....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 47 of 51

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12070 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:

@gmarkj wrote:

Yep!

I did post info earlier in this thread regarding Parliamentary Sovereignty

You did - apologies for repeating it. 

Thought that the fact it was actually being investigated by high court judges was relevant though as means they are considering ways around not having the backing of the majority of parliament though.

Which is a very worrying slippery slope....

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 49 of 51

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

You would have thought that they would have ratified with Parliament that any referendum result would be agreed. Would this have cropped up if the result was to remain? And if the result is overturned will compensation be offered to companies and individuals affected by thecurrency rate which was a direct result of a flawed referendum? 

Message 50 of 51