Did you mean: 

Urgent:Credit file problems.

Hth77
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I hope someone can help me.

Last year I was the victim of fraud (my son's phone, my contract)

Some scam artist ran up 2k debt on the contract,  I contacted customer services,  stopped all DD and eventually the matter was resolved. 

A month later I received a letter from O2 saying they recognised that the account was used fraudulently and all markers would be removed from my credit file.

I have just had my mortgage application rejected due to poor credit score. 

The markers on my file are from O2. 

I've contacted the amendments team and credit file department. 

How soon will they respond? 

The thought of losing our family home because someone didn't clear my file is awful. 

I really need it sorted ASAP. 

Any advice appreciated 🙏 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23106 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3683 Solutions

@Hth77 We are all customers and can't help you with this issue except to offer sympathy. Sadly you're not the first person this has happened to. The credit file department is notoriously slow. You just have to persist with chasing them.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 3

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5813 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@Hth77 

O2 have a complaints procedure :-

How to Complain | Help | O2

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf (o2.co.uk)

https://www.o2.co.uk/documents/456036/4246828/Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf

However, it is currently taking O2 some eight weeks to investigate and respond to complaints. In your position, I would not file a complaint as it will simply take too long. 

There is occasional mention on this Community of members e-mailing O2's CEO direct and their complaint being passed to an "Executive Resolutions Team". This is all quite opaque but if you Google "O2 executive complaints team" you will find a "X" (Tweet) of 27 June 2023 from O2 to a customer by the name of Katy Evans that confirms the existence of that team and gives their contact details. 

This community's spam filters mean that I cannot post a like to the "Tweet" - sorry ! 

Please keep us informed of developments. 👍 

Message 3 of 3