Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded to iPhone 6 Plus from Lumia 1520: An on Going Review

L_W_Ward
Level 12: Nimble
  • 625 Posts
  • 42 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Today I took the plung and decided to speed to refresh and upgrade to an iPhone 6 Plus (stupid name) in shiney silver. I fondled the 6+ and its younger brother in the Apple store for a good hour before I made my decision but I am 100% confident I made the right choice. BTW i was about to go with Vodafone but they messed up twice and lost me, i'm still with O2.

Inital Views compaired to my beloved Lumia 1520.

Its actually smaller by only a CM all around but it feels much better in my hand. The curved edges and rounded sides make it not only nicer to hold but more natural, it feels like an iPhone should be. To acompany this it actually feels lighter in my hand, really light, but the first thing I did was order an case because I will drop it. The screen is amazing, bright, clear and equally as good as the Lumia. Another great thing I noticed is the Touch ID works first time, EVERYTIME! my girlfriend had so many problems with her 5S so removed it. 

Feel in my hand and pocket in comparion:

In my hand its feels very comfortable and not awkward at all. The Lumia did feel a bit, heavy, clumbsy and awkward at times. In my pocket I constantly forget it is there, seriously. The Lumia has pointed edges soit would stick in my leg from time to time while the 6+ has none of this. 

Have I tried to bend them:

Lumia - NO

6 Plus - NO

Will i try and bend them:

Shut up!

Features I will miss on my Lumia:

Glance screen

Double tap to wake up

Wireless charging. 

At this moment in time I am still getting used to the new features but I will ask @Toby for edit rights and update you on the following points in comparision to the Lumia:

-Battery

-Camera

- extra features

Anything else you want to know? add below and I will try it... NO BENDING! 

iPhone 13 Pro Max 25gBG,
iPad 9th Gen,
Apple Watch Ultra,
,Airpod Pro,
Apple TV 4K,
Apple TV HD,
HomePods,
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

A good choice of phone. wink

I always take 2-3 same copies of my thumb print for touch I.d and to date have not had any issues.

The display is I believe awesome.

I think you'll be impressed by the battery life ~ I am.

I agree about the curved edges. It's so comfortable to hold albeit a little slippy a lot like most phones. I opted to use the Apple Leather case. Which one have you chosen ?
Message 2 of 21

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Thanks for the comparison of the two phones. I'm amused by your bending comments too LOL

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 3 of 21

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122800 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Liam. I would NOT ask you to bend the phone... I am looking forward to a further comparison review though...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 21

L_W_Ward
  • 625 Posts
  • 42 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
My lumia used to last 2-3 days on light use, 1.5 days on light use.

I went for the 16GB as I swore I would stop buying top spec items and not use them to their potential. I can stream my music via Spotify and iTunes match, i use my tablet for games and reading books and magazine.
iPhone 13 Pro Max 25gBG,
iPad 9th Gen,
Apple Watch Ultra,
,Airpod Pro,
Apple TV 4K,
Apple TV HD,
HomePods,
Message 5 of 21

MI5
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

Nice that you have a sense of humour - That should come in useful LOL

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 21

L_W_Ward
  • 625 Posts
  • 42 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
Glad to hear it. I may try and bend it but that will be post a bottle of whiskey.
iPhone 13 Pro Max 25gBG,
iPad 9th Gen,
Apple Watch Ultra,
,Airpod Pro,
Apple TV 4K,
Apple TV HD,
HomePods,
Message 7 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 122800 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Don't do it...come to wanty's for the whisky...It is virtual. You will then keep your phone safe..LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

@L_W_Ward wrote:
My lumia used to last 2-3 days on light use, 1.5 days on light use.

I went for the 16GB as I swore I would stop buying top spec items and not use them to their potential. I can stream my music via Spotify and iTunes match, i use my tablet for games and reading books and magazine.

DropBox comes in handy for me. 

Message 9 of 21

MI5
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Don't forget Google or Amazon music too for a depository of all your own music available across platforms.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 21