cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UK companies now able to microchip employees

Anonymous
Not applicable

https://www.alphr.com/business/1010173/uk-companies-microchip-employees

Have to carry a contactless pass at work but if I was told I had to have this done the answer would be a definite no

What about you?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Microchip employees??

Sounds like something out of the TV Programme 'Humans' (or getting close anyway) Fear

By the way, if I was still working, it would be a big fat NO from me !!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

A very strong non polite No

Message 3 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

Microchip employees??

Sounds like something out of the TV Programme 'Humans' (or getting close anyway) Fear

@Cleoriff

The first series of that was good but I kind of lost interest.

Message 4 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

Microchip employees??

@Cleoriff

The first series of that was good but I kind of lost interest.

@Anonymous

Same here. I was so disappointed in the way they meandered off into major political/ethical issues and turned it into a war..

I felt it lost its way. The fiirst series was brilliant. They should have left it there.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 15

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

We need to get used to this. Everyone will have to have a chip or a barcode from birth soon. Just think of the benefits such as all the forms you have to fill in during a lifetime. How easy would it be to walk into a hospital, dentist or doctors surgery. Just scan the chip at the back of your head....instant information. All your medical history implanted. Incorporate bank accounts, credit cards, family tree, next of kin. Not in my lifetime thank god.....

Message 6 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

We need to get used to this. Everyone will have to have a chip or a barcode from birth soon. Just think of the benefits such as all the forms you have to fill in during a lifetime. How easy would it be to walk into a hospital, dentist or doctors surgery. Just scan the chip at the back of your head....instant information. All your medical history implanted. Incorporate bank accounts, credit cards, family tree, next of kin. Not in my lifetime thank god.....

No nor mine @jonsie *Shudders* scream

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Someone will have to grapple with those issues at some point but hopefully that's some way off.

I really think the idea of humanoids somewhat creepy.

In my view, AI is being trusted a little too much with IT management as it is on the basis that there is a skills shortage.

I'm not saying we're verging on Skynet just yet but taking down a malfunctioning service might prove difficult in the future because a lot of intelligent security appliances such as firewalls are now being built to resist what they percieve as threats both internally and externally.

Message 8 of 15

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Can it still be scanned through my tinfoil hat ?

Image result for tinfoil hat

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

@jonsie

I'm not particularly keen on contactless cards (have requested debit cards without it but can't easily with credit cards) or NFC on mobiles (have NFC turned off on mine) so errr no.

I had the debate on a forum started by a well known TV presenter that pops up to provide advice, people like it because it saves them time.

Errrr, I'll spend the 30 seconds waiting for a machine to read the chip that I have purposely inserted to make the purchase.

Message 10 of 15