cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trans Pennine Challenge - get fit 2013 Run, Walk, Jog

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just sharing some info about a great new event in the Peak District to raise money for a great charity www.thehungerproject.org.uk (they train millions of people to end their own hunger themselves by investing in agriculture, water, education, health training - they even train communities to build their own schools).

The Trans Pennine Challenge starts on the 22nd June and you can walk or run the route from Manchester to Sheffield across the pennines.

I am thinking of taking on the 50km distance as a walker (finishes in Pennistone) but you can walk 100km or if you're mad you can run the 2.5 marathon distance as an Ultra Marathon from the start at Didsbury, South Manchester up and over The Pennines and finish at the Don Valley stadium in Sheffield.

They are expecting more than a 1000 walkers and runners... it is the perfect challenge to get your 2013 fitness regime underway and raise loads of money to end hunger sustainably.

Learn more via http://www.thehungerproject.co.uk/getinvolved/trans-pennine-challenge-50km-100km-manchester-sheffiel...

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Haha I need a treadmill slight_smile

Although i have a rowing machine that I should really dig out!

mspeirs11, do they do anything in the South of England?
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 11 of 12

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Rowing machines are great:)

So easy to do yourself in without proper form though:(
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 12 of 12