Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Gear: The future?

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Unless you have been in a news free zone for 24 hrs it wont have gone unnoticed that Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson has been suspended...

Allegedly he punched a producer....

Sundays episode has been shelved along with the remaining two in the Top Gear series..

Clarksons suspension has led to a massive petition for his reinstatement.

Personally, I wonder why so many want him back? Surely this massively popular show can survive without him? (Stands back ready to be panned for that comment Fear)

Maybe this 'hero worship' of Clarkson is a 'man thing'? (apologies if that appears sexist Rolleys)

I don't particularly like him. I think he arrogantly believes he is invincible....Drum

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-31828184

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 248
247 REPLIES 247

Cleoriff
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

An update to this sorry tale about Clarkson. We all know the BBC sacked him from Top Gear. Apparently though, he has "not been sacked from the BBC". Clarkson will record an instalment of Have I Got News For You, which will then be broadcast on BBC2 on April 24.

https://uk.tv.yahoo.com/bbc-bosses-allow-jeremy-clarkson-to-host-have-i-got-news-for-you---daily-tv-...

I dont know about anyone else.... but my immediate reaction is that the BBC are displaying some sort of twisted moral standards here. It appears to me that they did not condone his violence when presenting Top Gear.....but are condoning Clarkson... by giving him another job so soon. Not setting a great example are they?

My personal opinion of course...:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 91 of 248

jonsie
  • 93224 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Stand by for abject apology and reinstatement of all the team for Top Gear. It certainly would not surprise me with the BBC!

Message 92 of 248

MI5
  • 144318 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Did they actually say he was sacked or was it just that his contact wasn't renewed?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 93 of 248

Cleoriff
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Did they actually say he was sacked or was it just that his contact wasn't renewed?

Words just words @MI5  This is what they said in the statement

A spokesperson for the broadcaster said: “Jeremy's contract has not been renewed on Top Gear but he isn't banned from appearing on the BBC.”

They then went on to say

Clarkson's return to the BBC also follows the confirmation that the planned 'Top Gear Live' shows with James May and Richard Hammond will go ahead later this year.
However, they will be stripped of all 'Top Gear' branding, and will instead be called 'Clarkson, Hammond and May Live'. [Evening Standard
)

All this is happening because the police have decided not to prosecute Smiley Mad

A bit like me suspending a nurse for punching and abusing another nurse in ITU...then a couple of weeks later moving that violent nurse to the Surgical Unit to work. Hardly a fitting punishment is it? Evil

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 94 of 248

MI5
  • 144318 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Words indeed but nonetheless important words wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 95 of 248

Cleoriff
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Words indeed but nonetheless important words wink

To someone who loves the bloke...and the show...Fear

I think we will just agree to differ on this one wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 96 of 248

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions
To me it sounds a bit contrived and staged. The fact criminal proceedings were taken any further.

Either way, Top Gear won't be the cult following it once was. Ok hardly cult....
Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 97 of 248

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
It's gonna end up like news of the world.
People went mad and demanded action.
Notw announced closing.
People felt justice done
Dust settled
Notw reopens under name of "sun on Sunday", no-one bats an eyelid.
Message 98 of 248

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions
I meant the charges weren't taken any further. Chuckled at your footer message. You were probably over-qualified.
Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 99 of 248

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi what do you think of brain johnson for top gear

Message 100 of 248