Did you mean: 

Top 10 phones of 2015?

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122371 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

The Mobile World Congress (MWC) is nearly here....2-5th March

There has been  much speculation about the phones due to be released for 2015 at this event.

I read the Tech Radar article and was particularly interested as they have decideed to speculate not only on the phones.......but the price.

A number of interesting things shown....

The Note 5 is expected to be more expensive than the iPhone 6S/7....

There is also a 'suggestion'/ 'rumour' that Apple 'may' go for a Spring release date?

"You can usually set your watch by Apple's annual iPhone refresh, and 2015 should be no different with the release of the iPhone 6S/7, though there is some talk that it could be here as soon as spring".

http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-and-communications/mobile-phones/10-phones-we-re-looking-forward...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

Cairdeas
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 3570 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

I do have the M8 now @Cleoriff  but I still like to see the new ones lol tongue x

giphy-3
Message 11 of 30

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 12 of 30

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Cairdeas
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 3570 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

lol was just wondering how I'd missed the note 5 @jonsie wink x

giphy-3
Message 14 of 30

Cleoriff
  • 122371 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Note FIVE!!! ....and there was I thinking no one read my ramblings Happy Dance

Where do you think I get my ramblings from...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 30

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Bambino  Not sure if you have read this about the One Plus Two. ...Info released yesterday? Possibly invite only again?

http://www.knowyourmobile.com/mobile-phones/oneplus-two/22384/oneplus-two-release-date-specs-oxygen-...

Thanks for the link @Cleoriff Some of it is rehashed stuff I've read before, but some of it was new. Unfortunately, it's all still too speculative. I think this invite thing is ridiculous. Maybe it's because they don't have the capacity to make phones on a large enough scale, but limiting it to invite only, if that's what they're intending to do again, will just put me off and push me to a different phone.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 16 of 30

Cleoriff
  • 122371 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Cairdeas wrote:

lol was just wondering how I'd missed the note 5 @jonsie wink x

Please don't mock... @jonsie  was setting us all a test....Mwhahahahaha LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 30

Cleoriff
  • 122371 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Bambino  Re the invite system. When they released the One Plus One... initially the invite involved smashing up your existing phone in a creative way Rolleys Apparently they soon changed their minds on that!

"To get a OnePlus One, you had to sign up and try to get an invitation. Once you were invited, you had to destroy your current feature phone in a creative way and catch it on tape. This destructive marketing ploy was quickly remedied, giving those interested the option of donating the phone. Hopefully OnePlus will rethink their marketing ploys for the OnePlus Two, but it looks like the "invite-only" sales system will remain in place".  (Androidpit Jan 2015)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 30

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

I still think it's a bad marketing ploy. If it did something that no other phone could do, then maybe I could understand making it exclusive, but it doesn't. It's just another Android phone with a different UI. If they do it by invitiation only again, they'll just be shooting themselves in the foot. If I want to buy a phone at a given moment, that's when I'll buy it. I'm not going to be held to ransom waiting to see if my application for an invitation is accepted or not.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 19 of 30

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

I still think it's a bad marketing ploy. If it did something that no other phone could do, then maybe I could understand making it exclusive, but it doesn't. It's just another Android phone with a different UI. If they do it by invitiation only again, they'll just be shooting themselves in the foot. If I want to buy a phone at a given moment, that's when I'll buy it. I'm not going to be held to ransom waiting to see if my application for an invitation is accepted or not.

I couldn't agree more @Bambino this phone is anything but exclusive but I can see how that might appeal to people of a certain disposition. If I want a phone I buy it and wouldn't bother with one that I have to go out of my way to own.

Message 20 of 30