Did you mean: 

🏆 Tokyo 2020 Discussion Post 🏆

TheresaV
Former Staff
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Hi everyone wave

I hope you are having a lovely week so far!

Luckily, this Friday the weather seems to be a bit more bearable which is perfect for the official start of Tokyo 2020. And with the excitement of the Euros still lingering, we are now super excited to watch what is going to happen in Japan. But what are you planning to watch? Who are you cheering for? Who will get a medal? Discuss all the ongoings of Tokyo 2020 in this official discussion post! 

Ready, set, go! 🏃🏃🏃

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 83
82 REPLIES 82

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Another gold for Team GB with the 4 man swimming relay. First time GB have won this since 1908

Charlotte Dujardin won Bronze with the team GB dressage event but is looking at gold for the individual event.

I suspected the rowing events would fall into difficulty. We won silver in the 4 man sculls, however the event we have won for the last 5 Olympics, the mens 4, was a great disappointment. We came 4th and ran off course in the last 500 metres.

Tennis. Andy Murray is out of the singles and doubles

Rugby. We have lost bronze to Argentina.

On a personal note, I find the coverage absolutely appalling. It maybe the time difference, but I have watched Olympics in Australia and the coverage was much better.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 21 of 83

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Charlotte Dujardin has just won Bronze with Gio. This makes Charlotte the most decorated female equestrienne in the world

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 22 of 83

RunrigForever
  • 2079 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

What do you think of the female gymnastic athletes wearing full bodysuits instead of them being 'objectified' ... ?

I think they look most elegant ... the garment showing off their physique and particularly the bodyline shapes when making their routines in whatever gymnastic discipline ... rose

***DESORMAIS***
Message 23 of 83

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

They do look very elegant @RunrigForever, I just wonder if it affects their mobility and grip in those bodysuits?

Just watched the canoeing this morning with Franklin getting silver and I have not got a single clue how you could get through these waters without tipping over in the first three seconds sweat_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 24 of 83

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@TheresaV wrote:

Just watched the canoeing this morning with Franklin getting silver and I have not got a single clue how you could get through these waters without tipping over in the first three seconds sweat_smile

I watchd the canoeing, too @TheresaV .

So I take it that canoeing won`t be one of your Summer activities ? What about your mate @LukasB ?

I`d pay good money to see video of him canoeing that course LOL 

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 25 of 83

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

He would drown immediately @Mi-Amigo and someone would have to jump in to save him. I reckon you will be on stand-by? I will watching from the side slurping my drink joy

signature

Message 26 of 83

Anonymous
Not applicable

6th in the table isn't too bad

I'm not sure BMX is an Olympic sport, but a medal is a medal!

Message 27 of 83

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

6th in the table isn't too bad

I'm not sure BMX is an Olympic sport, but a medal is a medal!

Yes a gold and a silver @Anonymous  Bethany Shriever who won gold had to crowd fund to raise the money to allow her to train. What a disgrace. Kye White won silver. Excellent achievement for a first time.

Rowing...oh what a disgrace, long gone are the glory days of Redgrave and Pinsent where we swept to god for years. Now we are lucky if we manage to keep in our own lane!.

Trampolining. Bryony Page wins bronxe

Dina Asher Smith started yesterday. Currently lying in 2nd place.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 28 of 83

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just watched Women`s football.

Gutted Team GB lost 3 - 4 to Australia in a brilliant game with Ellen White scoring a hat-trick but why on earth did Weir take the penalty for GB which was easily saved ?

I don`t care now who wins the Women`s football - as long as USA DO NOT get a medal!!!

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 29 of 83

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Men's Track 10000m is now on nerd

I honestly don't know the schedule of anything, I just pick things up in between but it's incredibly exciting to see whatever is on! Kinda understand football fans now joy

signature

Message 30 of 83