Did you mean: 

Today is World Food Day! Share Your Favourite Meals

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone, 

Today is World Food Day which is celebrated in honor of the foundation of the Food and Agriculture Organisation and many other or organisations concerned with food security. 

Screen Shot 2018-10-16 at 16.25.42.png

I thought World Food Day would be a great opportunity to have a discussion about one of my favourite things, food of course!! laughing

My top foods off all time have got to be a nice hot curry or a decent steak dinner. I prefer a salad or vegetables on the side over chips! 

How about you, what would you say your favourite meal is? Do you prefer sweet or savoury things? have you found that your tastes change with the seasons and if so do you have any recommendations as we move in to the colder months of Autumn and Winter?

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10675 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Hi @Martin-O2

That's the kind of DAY I Love!    World Food Day 

Favorites ~ virtually everthing at any time of year!

Love Hot Curries with Basmati Rice  (good with my home grown string beans cut up and put in sauce)

Love All Chinese dishes (chicken with cashew nuts with black bean sauce fab) also with Basmati Rice

Love Steak and Kidney Pie with potatoes and veg

Love Spaghetti with sauce of fresh tomatoes from my greenhouse with my fresh mint 

Tuna Salads with my tomatoes of course with home baked bread 

Leek and potato soup (very easy to make)  is absolutely fab with home baked bread 

Prefer savory but cook my own biscuits mostly shortbread and I like to bake fruit cakes.

I make Jam from my fruit garden use on sponge cakes ~ figs from my fig tree make a very nice after dinner fruit.

When it is rainy outside I make time to bake something delicious ~ everyone happy then

I enjoy the whole thing from cooking ~  setting the table to presenting the food to enjoy.

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 2 of 14

dgilbert2
Level 13: Prompter
  • 936 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

AM quite partial to a good India meal (love tikka's!) at our local restaurant and sticky toffee pudding. Not on the same night though scream

Message 3 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 122386 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I love Indian, Spanish and Chinese food

However, nothing beats a good Sunday roast with all the trimmings. Drool

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 14

foocindy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 29 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Chicken curry pie to take with me when I play golf

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhV5a60h0Qe/?taken-by=food_by_fjfjaq 

Message 5 of 14

foocindy
  • 29 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

On a lazy night where I can lie on the sofa while the potato is in the oven

Baked potato Canadian style 

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkIreYJg2YU/?taken-by=food_by_fjfjaq

Message 6 of 14

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

I love food period. My favourite is Italian, I love my spaghetti and my pasta but prefer tomato-based sauces. Also love a good pizza.

But I also love Thai, Indian, Chinese, German, Mexican, Spanish and French dishes, far too numerous to mention. 

Not a great steak lover anymore. Used to eat a lot more steak when I lived in the States. But I do eat meat: chicken, pork, lamb and beef (mince for burgers homemade and chilli)

I eat a lot of fish too: cod, haddock, prawns and love my salads.

What I'm not fond of is meat pies which I find too stodgy.

I'm not a fussy eater and will eat just about anything except beans and pulses (excluding baked beans which I love), celery and carrots. Love my green veg and corn which I'll eat anyway you serve it. Oh and I'm that odd person who loves brussels sprouts. Not a great lover of potatoes, though good roast potatoes and proper chips I won't say no to.

Don't have a sweet tooth so rarely eat pies or cakes. I do love ice cream and sorbet though smile

Did I mention I love my food joy

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 7 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
(Was 26 stone, now 12st 5 - I’m not allowed to enjoy food like I used to)

I detest Veg & red meat, but give me a Vindaloo / Phall & I’ll be putty in your hands!
Message 8 of 14

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Fantastic list of meals there @TallTrees! I'd eat the lot. smirk The Leek and potato soup sounds perfect for these overcast days. 

@dgilbert2 yes I think a curry and sticky toffee pudding in the same sitting is asking for trouble! laughing

I totally forgot to add a good roast to my list @Cleoriff! Lamb or chicken are my favs, with Yorkshire Puddings or course. wink

Both of those look delicious @foocindy! I'll have to give them a go.

A very comprehensive list @Glory1! That's what I like to see. I'm fond of the odd meat pie but I agree they can be a bit stodgy at times. 

@Anonymous Woah good effort on the weight loss! That's impressive. Good to see you like your curries hot too! tongue_closed

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 9 of 14

dgilbert2
Level 13: Prompter
  • 936 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
(Was 26 stone, now 12st 5 - I’m not allowed to enjoy food like I used to)

Well done, thats amazing Hero. I lost 5st a few years ago but its keeps coming back on perserving

Message 10 of 14