Did you mean: 

Tips to help with a good night's sleep

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Happy Friday all!

World Sleep Day is a celebration of sleep and takes place this week on Saturday around the world! It also aims to grow the awareness of sleep-related issues. It's organised by World Sleep Society (you can check their website here). Their goal also includes better prevention and management of sleep disorders.

Related to this, I wanted to ask if you have any great tips for how you get a good night's sleep? For myself I've found that using my mobile phone while I'm already in bed is a no-no (something about the light from it disturbing sleep) and also, no caffeine 6 hours before bedtime!

Do you have any other tips for sleep that you've heard of? slight_smile

sleep meme sleep panda

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I seem to be of the lucky minority who have never suffered with sleep.....after 2 minutes of laying on my front i'm in the land of slumber!!!

It really annoys my misses as she takes hours to drop off to sleep!!!

Message 2 of 9

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I seem to be of the lucky minority who have never suffered with sleep.....after 2 minutes of laying on my front i'm in the land of slumber!!!

It really annoys my misses as she takes hours to drop off to sleep!!!

I'm also one of those that take a long time to fall asleep! Are you able to sleep in the plane too if you're travelling? slight_smile

Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Marjo wrote

I'm also one of those that take a long time to fall asleep! Are you able to sleep in the plane too if you're travelling? slight_smile

Unfortunately not......I would LOVE to be able to do this!
I have to be on my front to fall asleep quickly. Also, i can't abide background noise when getting to sleep....it has to be dead silent
Message 4 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122804 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

I can fall asleep on a plane and usually do. It makes the flight go more quickly. wink

Normal sleep for me always involves reading in bed before I get into sleep mode. I then just drop the book, bedside light out and I'm gone. If I wake up in the night I can uually drop off again....

Mind you as the mornings are getting lighter I will get up earlier. (I was up at 6.15am this morning) Confused

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

I really wish i could sleep on a plane.....i'm not the best flyer but like to go away a couple times a year money permitting!!

Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Best sleep I ever had was when camping ...= ... out in the air all the time

Now it's a routine of listening to Radio4 whilst snuggled up in bed, taking night-time tablets which includes a sleeping tablet then falling asleep to the radio, which shuts down after 59 minutes

Message 7 of 9

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Best sleep I ever had was when camping ...= ... out in the air all the time

Now it's a routine of listening to Radio4 whilst snuggled up in bed, taking night-time tablets which includes a sleeping tablet then falling asleep to the radio, which shuts down after 59 minutes

That's so handy that your radio shuts off by itself after a specific period of time! slight_smile I wish all my electronic devices did that, would be so useful.

Oh @Anonymous was it a bivouac shelter you used when camping? I've done that and it was super exciting. However, I was about 5 years old. grin Later I heard there are bears in that forest...

Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Marjo wrote:

That's so handy that your radio shuts off by itself after a specific period of time! slight_smile I wish all my electronic devices did that, would be so useful.

Oh @Anonymous was it a bivouac shelter you used when camping? I've done that and it was super exciting. However, I was about 5 years old. grin Later I heard there are bears in that forest...

My clock radio is quite old, the alarm doesn't work any more, I use my mobile for that now

A large frame tent when married ... then a nylon tent the colour of army green, shaped like a stealth bomber LOL when on my own, all the stuff carried by me ... happy days Bouncy

Message 9 of 9