Did you mean: 

Tiny new smartphone from Palm

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey guys,

Just thought I'd share this article I saw today on TechCrunch. It mentions a tiny-looking smartphone that is rumoured to be in the making by a company called Palm. Quite cute, I think, especially with it's (also rumoured) working name "Palm Pepito". grin heart_eyes

Have you seen this before? Smartphones have gotten larger and larger in terms of screen size over some time now... would you go back to using a smaller-size one, like this one below? If not using one permanently, can you think of any specific instances where a smaller phone would be useful?

Palm tiny smartphone

(image from the article here)

There are more images of the front, back and side in the article here as well as more info about the phone itself.

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Not for me @Marjo, way too small for what I do on my phone which is everything. The larger the screen the better for me, particularly as I watch films, TV shows and baseball games. I also play games, shop online, pay bills as well all on my phone. So need to be able to see what I'm doing.

Cute phone, though but definitely not for me.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 2 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not my cup of tea, prefer my iPhone any day

Message 3 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

I need as big a size phone screen & big buttons as I can get ... so ... it's a no thank you from me ... very happy with Xperial L1 particularly with new case for various reasons 

Message 4 of 23

Cleoriff
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

It's like taking a trip back in time seeing how small it is.

Not for me @Marjo The older I get, the larger the screen I require. I'll stick with my Note 8 thanks innocent

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 23

Poppysmum
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

Dont like it.

Too small need bigger screen slight_smile

Message 6 of 23

blissgirl
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 7201 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
same here not me either prefer a bigger screen slight_smile
iPhone 15 plus 128Gb light pink (with Vodafone) slight_smile
Message 7 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

3.3 is far too small to read stuff on the net and I can’t imagine typing on that keyboard!

Message 8 of 23

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Except that photo is actually the Palm Pre! See here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palm_Pre and look at the screen display.

The actual supposed phone is the rather bland and anonymous rectangle in the middle of the link. Doomed to obscurity as one thing Palm did was actually have interesting designs. 

Sheepdog in "Party like is 2008" mode

Message 9 of 23

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12045 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1122 Solutions
Way too small for me. Those keys would be impossible to use!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 10 of 23