cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time to bring back Spitting Image?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Been watching some of the episodes uploaded to Youtube and it's still funny and was spot on about the issues it covered at the time.

Considering the downright bizarre political landscape we are currently living with I think it's time to bring it back, what do you think?

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thoroughly enjoyed Spitting Image

The Queen Mother interpreted as a slug in a lettuce 

now, Lord Tebbit as a leather clad 'whatever'

Love the vid @Bambino

Message 11 of 16

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@sheepdog wrote:

@TallTrees wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Been watching some of the episodes uploaded to Youtube and it's still funny and was spot on about the issues it covered at the time.

Considering the downright bizarre political landscape we are currently living with I think it's time to bring it back, what do you think?

Took the thoughts right out of my head ~ the puppets were fantastic ~ 

liked @Bambino video.  Why did it never come back?

Was it not PC perhaps.  

Think it was a combination of lack of quality in the later series plus the amount of work that went in each week burnt them out (Fluck & Law) - remember it was extremely up-to-date. 

Sadly today's comedy will offend practically all the SJW's in some form so unlikely to be as sharp as the 80's. The way in which the law is now interpreted, it will be considered hate speech and subject to too many legal actions. 

Reminds me, time to break out Yes Minister. 

You could well be right @sheepdog.

Now you mention a classic in Yes, Minister not forgetting Yes, Prime Minister. Don't know how many times I've watched episodes and they still have me crying with laughter. Probably my all-time favourite comedies. And very much on point.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 12 of 16

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Loved the show and would be great to bring it back, although in this day and age the makers would be sued by the jumped up politicians left right and centre disappointed

Hardly any of them have a sense of humour these days.

I was watching Top Of The Pops on BBC4 the other day and this came on.  Genius!!!

Thanks

Steve
Message 13 of 16

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@welshsteve76 wrote:

Loved the show and would be great to bring it back, although in this day and age the makers would be sued by the jumped up politicians left right and centre disappointed

I was watching Top Of The Pops on BBC4 the other day and this came on.  Genius!!!

No a sense of humour is not really ingrained in today's politicians: they just wouldn't get the joke.

I forgot about The Chicken Song @welshsteve76 so thanks for the reminder. Loved it and as you say it was genius joy

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 14 of 16

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10764 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

Brilliant@welshsteve76

I enjoyed that!

TallTrees

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 15 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122798 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@welshsteve76 wrote:

Yes that was brilliant...joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 16