Did you mean: 

Thursday Quiz 28 March 2019 Picture Quiz

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25156 Posts
  • 811 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Welcome to the Thursday Quiz

As promised, this Thursday is a Picture Quiz. There are three pictures and one question on each.

Q1 What is the first and surname          Q2 What were the last words          Q3 What is the name

of this famous person?                           of this famous person?                     of this famous painting?

Gandhi-crop.jpg                              Nelson.jpg                    Whistlers-Mother.jpg

Rules: no googling, wiki, social media seaches for the answers.

Please answer all three questions in the same post as - Q1 = [answer]; Q2 = [answer]; Q3 = [answer].

You may submit two separate posts with answers. You may submit one post with one, two, or three answers as given by another member but must credit the member - e.g. "I agree with.... answer to Q2 is .....

The quiz will be open until 12 noon on Friday 29 March 2019. The results and answers will be given after 1pm.

Incoorect answers will reeive the * klaxon * .  Correct answers will be awarded trophy

Good luck

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Mi-Amigo
  • 25156 Posts
  • 811 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

1.Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

2.That's [Removed] on their French chips... croak

3.Florence Nightingale's Mother's Mother

Brilliant rofl Only @jonsie could come up with that sweat_smile I reckon it should be sent off to BBC`s QI - Alan Davis would love it. No surprise @jonsie got the 02 award for 2018.

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 11 of 13

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10769 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

Hi @Mi-Amigo 

Mahatma Ghandi   (I hope first name is spelt correctly ~ sorry Ghandi if not!)

I see no ships

don't know

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 12 of 13

Mi-Amigo
  • 25156 Posts
  • 811 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

THURSDAY QUIZ - 29 MARCH 2019 - ANSWERS AND RESULTS

Q1 Correct answer is Mohandas Ghandi

@MI5 trophy  @Cleoriff trophy  @Glory1 trophy @ComaChameleon trophy @jonsie trophy

@jonsie also gets a credit for knowing his middle name was Karamchand

incorrect answer is Mahatma - Sanskrit for "high souled" or "venable" first applied to Ghandi, born 1869, in South Africa in 1914 = @Bambino * klaxon * ; @TallTrees * klaxon *

Q2 Correct answer is Nelson`s last words were "Drink, drink; fan. fan; rub, rub. Nelson, as he lay dying, complained of being thirsty and said "drink, drink" and was given lemonade and watered wine; felt hot and said "fan, fan" and was fanned by his steward; and with pains in his chest said "rub, rub" and his chest was rubbed by the ship`s chaplain, Dr Scott

incorrect answers are Kiss Me Hardy - he did say that [not Kismet Hardy - so well done no-one said that] = @Bambino * klaxon * ; @MI5 * klaxon * ; @Glory1 * klaxon * .

incorrect answer is "now I`m satisfied" = @Cleoriff * klaxon * .

incorrect answer is "I see no ships", said after losing eye = @TallTrees * klaxon *

incorrect answer "that`s [Removed] on their French chips" = @jonsie * klaxon * bit for giving us all the best laugh in any Thursday Quiz so far, I`m giving @jonsie a special rofl award.

@ComaChameleon did not give an answer, so no *klaxon * or  trophy

Q3 correct answer is Arrangement In Grey and Black No 1 by James McNeill Whistler in 1871. When the painting was exhibited in 1872 at the Exhibition of the Royal Academy of Art in London, the Academy added to the catalogue "Portrait of the Painter`s Mother" and afterwards became colloquially known as "Whistler`s Mother"

incorrect answer "Whistler`s Mother = @Bambino *klaxon* ; @MI5 *klaxon*; @Cleoriff *klaxon*;

@Glory1*klaxon*.

incorrect answer "Florence Nightingale`s Mother`s Mother = @jonsie = *klaxon*, but again for giving us a laugh, another "one-off" award joy  

@TallTrees did not know, so no *klaxon* or trophy

Thanks everyone for playing along

The next THURSDAY QUIZ will be on 4 April 2019.

The subject will be "Characters" and won`t be as daunting as it may seem. You will definitely have heard of the characters.

I hope all of you will join in again.  

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 13 of 13