Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Three UK start to terminate all legacy tariffs

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

A number of people out of contract on legacy tariffs with Three have started to receive texts asking them to contact three about their tariffs. When contacted customers are given the option to move to a current tariff or terminate.

There's an extensive thread on Digital Spy about this and similar threads on MSE and HUKD too.

I know there's a fair few on this forum on O2 legacy tariffs so lets hope they don't get any ideas. Looks like I jumped ship from 3 to EE at the exact right time as 3's current tariffs are dire and very expensive compared to the legacy one plan

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

Yeah it's only handset tariffs that are being targeted and most of those will be on the one plan which has unlimited tethering which is what 3 are looking to shut out.

Of course O2 could follow suit with their legacy unlimited data tariffs which I'm sure they are also chomping at the bit to get rid of

Message 21 of 23

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Thanks Dave. I enjoy reading these posts with all the news of networks and changes etc. I just wasn't familiar with the Legacy Tariff on EE...

(Like you say...: you had jumped ship)....:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 22 of 23

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Already some have reported that O2 have capped their legacy tariffs to 4gb.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 23 of 23