cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This made us to think...mobile phone addiction

Anonymous
Not applicable
If is not today my phone has been down for hours, I will never realise how much we are all so dependent on mobile phones. I've been waiting outside the door trying to get hold of someone also O2, in the flat, no door bell, no signals, no landline for hours. I'm so frustrated with this.
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I expect for a small fee O2 could send someone round to fix the door bell. Smiley LOL

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

I saw a red phone box yesterday!!!!  I can remember when the only way to make a call was with a 1p or 2p piece.(When the post office upped it to 2p or 5p, there was an uproar)  I now have a galaxy s3 and almost cry when I have no signal.  Sad isn't it.  LOL.

Message 3 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hope you get in as soon as!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 4 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

are you still locked out lol

Message 5 of 17

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I saw a red phone box yesterday!!!!  I can remember when the only way to make a call was with a 1p or 2p piece.(When the post office upped it to 2p or 5p, there was an uproar)  I now have a galaxy s3 and almost cry when I have no signal.  Sad isn't it.  LOL.

I can remember when it was 4d (not p but d) old money to use a red box phone!

How sad is that?Smiley LOL

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 6 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

And I thought i was getting old...............:smileywink:

Message 7 of 17

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Young whippersnapper!!Smiley LOL

I worked for the GPO Telephones and we installed car phones in 1960, so we got to play with what you might call the first mobiles.

They only worked within the City of London ( about a square mile) and had no dial, so you picked up and asked for the operator to connect you.

SuperSad! Smiley LOL

Message 8 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

And I thought that my Motorola 8500x Brick made me look cool 22 years ago.  At least mine had buttons not a dialler. 😛

Message 9 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

The 8500 sure pulled my suit out of shape though.

Message 10 of 17