cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Things I just realised..

Anonymous
Not applicable

Was in ASDA today & found out that you don’t need a quid / token to release the trolleys from each other.

How long has that been happening? Can you tell I’m a sad lonely single basket user....

Message 1 of 463
462 REPLIES 462

Cleoriff
  • 122768 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Today I realised that...

...understanding technology is probably a generational thing  thinking

https://twitter.com/israabizraa/status/1061481176404320256

Ermmm yes...so is spelling and new weird and wonderful words apparently.

Actually though, this works both ways. My youngest son is not one bit technical and I have shown him how to download and use certain streaming apps on his device. (yes me...Mrs Technophobia) joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 181 of 463

Anonymous
Not applicable

I remember my old man complaining that his new mobile phone (a Nokia 3310) had suddenly stopped working.

It hadn't occurred to him that you had to charge it up  wink

Message 182 of 463

Cleoriff
  • 122768 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I remember my old man complaining that his new mobile phone (a Nokia 3310) had suddenly stopped working.

It hadn't occurred to him that you had to charge it up  wink

Ah Bless him LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 183 of 463

Anonymous
Not applicable
But the reverse is.. show the kids a tape deck, a record player, a house phone or even a pay phone

And watch them struggle!

Being old has its benefits.. wisdom, knowledge and cheap car insurance!
Message 184 of 463

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Today I realised that...

Actually though, this works both ways. My youngest son is not one bit technical and I have shown him how to download and use certain streaming apps on his device. (yes me...Mrs Technophobia) joy

Just goes to show @Cleoriff that being a member of the community you learn a lot. I certainly have. I wasn't a complete technical novice when I joined but I've learned quite a lot since I've become a member. And just using my phone as much as I do has taught me quite a bit as well.

But you have to want to learn. Many people our age don't want to learn or aren't interested in technology. So their phones are an enigma to them. They can turn them on, maybe send a text and make a call but anything more technical throws them.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 185 of 463

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

@Glory1 wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Today I realised that...

Just goes to show @Cleoriff that being a member of the community you learn a lot. I certainly have. I wasn't a complete technical novice when I joined but I've learned quite a lot since I've become a member. And just using my phone as much as I do has taught me quite a bit as well.

But you have to want to learn. Many people our age don't want to learn or aren't interested in technology. So their phones are an enigma to them. They can turn them on, maybe send a text and make a call but anything more technical throws them.

Yep works both ways. I have learned many new words from my grandsons....just waiting for one of them to teach me what they ean Don't know

Message 186 of 463

Anonymous
Not applicable

Today I realised that...

in 1851, Moby Dick was published.. and was a massive flop. It wasn’t till the 1920s that scholars discovered what a masterpiece the Herman Melville novel was. (Melville died in 1891)

Can’t say I’ve ever read it, but I’ve seen the 1956 film with the great GP!

Message 187 of 463

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I just realised I used my Sky Store £5 credit reward from British Gas to do a "Buy & Keep" for the Denzel Washington film "The Equalizer", when I could have watched it for free on Amazon Prime first to see if it's one I wanted to keep.  Good film, but I'll probably not watch it again anytime soon

Thanks

Steve
Message 188 of 463

Anonymous
Not applicable

Today I realised that..

My life with landline & broadband is at an end as of midnight tonight. So from now on it's me, Three AYCE data & an S9+ against the world!

I wonder what difference it will make?

Does staying connected to Wifi take more juice than staying on mobile data?

How much electric will i save not having a router on 24/7?

Life without Alexa.. will i cope?

I'm kinda excited to find out if mobile data is all that...

Message 189 of 463

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Ah, that depends on the network and if AYCE is actually all that it says on the tin. I'm in dispute with Virgin atm over their supply but I'm on the box seat as my contract is up for renewal. I know for certain that when i had unlimited data with O2it had a fair usage policy of 4GB so you need to check the terms for a fup.

Electric saving is minimal to be honest, a router consumes very little. However, continually searching for Wi-Fi on a mobile does take a chunk of battery usage.

As for Alexa, you are one of the many men in her life. She can cope very well without you but you are such a sensitive soul i think you will be distraught without her. Man up, move on, Alexa already has......

Message 190 of 463