cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Things I just realised..

Anonymous
Not applicable

Was in ASDA today & found out that you don’t need a quid / token to release the trolleys from each other.

How long has that been happening? Can you tell I’m a sad lonely single basket user....

Message 1 of 463
462 REPLIES 462

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Asda are good like that. Recently had half my order missing, (New driver, obviously the rest of it was still sittting in a tote in the delivery van). I rang Asda, refunded immediately without question and added a £10 voucher off my next order. 

Oh and it IS @Glory1 who shops at Waitrose. Online. tongue_winking

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 31 of 463

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Oh and it IS @Glory1 who shops at Waitrose. Online. tongue_winking

Scented aloe vera toilet paper too no doubt 🤔

Message 32 of 463

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Yes, folks, I'm the Waitrose online shopper, no scented aloe vera toilet paper though @jonsie just good old Andrex quilted thanks tongue_winking

Part of my reason for shopping at Waitrose is loyalty as I used to work for them and they pay one of my pensions. But the most important is I like their food. If I didn't I wouldn't spend my money there, loyalty or no loyalty. Also I've heard horror stories about Asda and Tesco deliveries in London, where many of us live in flats, quite a few not on the ground floor, unlike your homes. Waitrose are happy to 'lug' my shopping up 3 flights of stairs (no lift). Asda and, Tesco in particular, not so much. They've been known to dump it on the ground floor and let you lug it up the stairs.

Waitrose drivers will even put it away for you, if you wish. But that's a step too far for me. That they brought it up 3 flights of stairs is more than enough. I can put it away myself.

In fact I have a large Waitrose shop being delivered this Friday. I do one large shop every 4 weeks (when my State pension is paid) and small top-up shops the rest of the time.

And yes I know Waitrose are dearer than Asda or Tesco. But I'm happy to pay for quality, and as I receive 3 pensions, fortunately, can afford it smile

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 33 of 463

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

I forgot to add that when there has been a problem with my order, items missing or damaged, they refund promptly with a £5 or £10 money off voucher for your next shop. Can't say fairer than that.

Message 34 of 463

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

You go girl.Bouncy

We can shop where we like and when we like. I prefer Asda personally. That's just because I would have to travel a few miles to Waitrose and so haven't really tried their produce. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 35 of 463

Anonymous
Not applicable

2. Sardines aren’t as bad they look (or smell)

Never had them before, but they are cheap (34p ASDA) 

Message 36 of 463

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I buy them for my cats....joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 37 of 463

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I buy them for my cats....joy

Now I’m wondering if I was right to avoid them for all these years! 🙂

Message 38 of 463

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I used to like them on toast @Anonymous, then I found they gave me indigestion...hence the cats getting a treat tongue_winking

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 39 of 463

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
I love sardines @Anonymous and they are supposed to be very good for you as well. So, if you like them persevere and, as you say they're cheap. Not much food is these days, particularly if it's beneficial.

Message 40 of 463