Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Theresa May loses Brexit Deal vote

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

The biggest government defeat in history. 432 votes to 202!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46885828

Up a creek without a paddle springs to mind....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 64
63 REPLIES 63

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous

Or maybe a Leadership contest.

Message 11 of 64

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous Because of the recent Tory no confidence vote, May can't be challenged until December at the earliest, so a general election is the more likely outcome, which will be disastrous as well.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 12 of 64

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Boris will probably take over, then a GE where Corbyn wins and we'll be as screwed as the Yanks with a total crackpot in charge!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 64

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous She can’t be challenged until end of November at the earliest for leadership but still could & probsbly will lose a general election. Everyone in the country knew she would lose  @MI5 We already have a crackpot in charge. She can’t accept defeat & won’t listen to the people

Message 14 of 64

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Let's not forget who she inherited this 'poisoned chalice' from.

David Cameron who called for the referendum, then walked away when the public voted to leave.

The EU who don't want us to leave, have been obstructive in every way possible.

I don't like her much....not keen on any politician if honest, though she certainly isn't the only one at fault here.

I'm not even sure any other politician could have made a difference to the outcome.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 64

Anonymous
Not applicable

I know she can't be challenged but I don't think there's anything to stop her resigning.

Message 16 of 64

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
52% of the voters need to take their share of the blame alongside the invertebrate.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 17 of 64

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5

Having engaged in the debate across a number of fora and indeed face to face I've come to the conclusion that you'll never convince a leave voter that it's better to stay in.

They dismiss facts as 'Project fear'

They will only be convinced when thousands of them start to feel the effect and that means mass unemployment and a surge in the price of goods that are imported.

By then it'll be too late of course but I imagine the leaders of this movement will have no doubt scarpered to avoid the worst, them having the resources to do so of course unlike the average victim.

Before I voted I looked at the economic reality which is why I voted remain.

Sure, Europe requires reform but so does Westminster.

Message 18 of 64

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Totally agree....

Currently using:
Message 19 of 64

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I would say many of those who voted to leave had absolutely no idea of the implications.

Many voted on the premise of taking the UK back to how it was!

Immigration also formed a major part of their rationale.

I honestly think if we held another referendum, the vote would be very different.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 20 of 64