Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Theresa May loses Brexit Deal vote

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

The biggest government defeat in history. 432 votes to 202!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46885828

Up a creek without a paddle springs to mind....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 64
63 REPLIES 63

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Not to mention the "promise" of £350 million into the NHS which was never gonna happen, perjury should not go unpunished!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 21 of 64

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
I voted leave I didn't follow the remain train or the leave train I voted leave based on the 3 accustion of o2 ofcom said no it can't go through and it was the eu that decided no it couldn't go through
Message 22 of 64

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Entirely your choice, but not exactly sound logic for making life changing decisions.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 23 of 64

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Glory1

Given the background of the leading Brexiteers you hear from all the time, that is, as traders having worked for  investment firms, I'm beginning to wonder if they have a vested interest in seeing the country go off the edge of a cliff.

It wouldn't suprise me to learn that they have been shorting stocks they know will be adversely affected by a 'no deal' Brexit, they'd certainly have the knowledge to do it and of course the money as none of them are poor.

There is nothing illegal in doing that but I'd say it's morally questionable considering how many people will be affected.

@Anonymous I wouldn't be the least bit surprised that your conjecture is indeed fact.

Nothing a politician does would surprise me, I don't trust any one of them. And for all they pretend otherwise, their thoughts are for themselves and not their constituents. 

We are up sh!t creek, God help us all.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 24 of 64

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Not to mention the "promise" of £350 million into the NHS which was never gonna happen, perjury should not go unpunished!

Yes, that as well. People were easily swayed, taken in by lies and false promises.

I'm watching the BBC news now and they are talking to various groups of people. Apart from those who have the wonderful idea that sacking her will make all the difference in the 10 weeks remaining, many are saying there should be another referendum!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 25 of 64

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@MI5 wrote:

Yes, that as well. People were easily swayed, taken in by lies and false promises.

I'm watching the BBC news now and they are talking to various groups of people. Apart from those who have the wonderful idea that sacking her will make all the difference in the 10 weeks remaining, many are saying there should be another referendum!

I believe there should be. Let's not forget those young people who weren't eligible to vote two years ago who will now undoubtedly vote to remain. They blame the older generation for the leave vote and I would agree with that up to a point.

Message 26 of 64

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

And if a second referendum turns out in favor of the remainers, what do you then say to those who voted to leave? Best of three? It's a mess that will take much longer than the coming deadline to sort out.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 27 of 64

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

A second referendum won't happen in the current timeframe before March 29th. There simply isn't enough time to create an agreed set of questions which won't be the two as last time which will require considerable agreement from all MP's. Its also unlikely to occur as both main parties know that giving into one will state the fact that they are liars and untrustworthy to run the country alienating voters. By all means, if parliment had thought about it properly they'd have agreed a set of referendums over a couple of years to allow for change in circumstances. 

Article 50 which you remember was agreed on by MP's (don't you love the irony here on how agreeable MP's were  to enact the date) can only be extended for a short time and then still dependent on the EU elections. 

Further reading: https://www.instituteforgovernment.org.uk/explainers/second-referendum-brexit

As for a General Election, thats likely but again not in the short term and likely to be April if the Vote of No confidence gets anywhere and the least likely outcome is Jeremy Corbyn getting a working majority which would involve the SNP who will demand concessions and that will be a big price. At which point, the UK will have legally exited the EU since you guessed it, because the MP's voted on the date. 

That is if the Speaker of the House of Commons doesn't decide to change all the rules again thus causing more problems.

Message 28 of 64

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

The press from all over the world is camped outside Westminster this morning.!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 29 of 64

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10652 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Yes @Cleoriff Britain just recovering from a major recession after banks collapse etc., could well have done without this not the right time at all.  

David Cameron probably believed the vote would be remain, not a suitable leader really and walked off. The British folk can't "walk off" to their multi-million £ investments.

The EU is a club,  the club make and agree the rules, we say "don't like it" club says don't like it ok leave, but then "hey" we want to stay in the club and pick and choose but don't like their rules? 

I can see that they don't have to change or bend their rules just for one ~ otherwise it could become unruly. All clubs would have the same attitude.

This is more than difficult, messy and of course everyone will suffer. 

It really doesn't matter "who needs who" in my opinion ~ everyone will be a loser.

Shouldn't Rock Boat ~ until you have a firm anchor somewhere.Crazy

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 30 of 64