cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The worst Customer Service ever!

Anonymous
Not applicable

So I called on Friday of last week to leave o2 after almost 20 years..  I've had data usage issues that they cannot help resolve and have been most unhelpful - All my Data being used in 48 hours, whilst I am connected to Wifi?! 

Anyway - I was persuaded to upgrade to iphone 6 with more data and click and collect that day. It took half an hour to get to that point.  Unfortuantely the Click and Collect link they emailed me would not work, so I called them back.. and was on different calls for the next 2.5 hours!

In the last 3 days I have spent a total of 6 hours on the phone to o2  (p.s - this is on MY landline bill to their so called cusotomer service) and still I have no idea when I will get a phone.  I have spoken to more than 12 Advisers, I have been hung up on, put on hold and never returned to, lied to, promised several times that stock was there and I would have the phone next working day - only to be told when it didn't arrive that it wasn't actually in stock when the promise was made.. I've had promises of a call back that never happens.

I have asked 3 or 4 times to speak with a Manager and they will not put me through (I am told there is a 24 hour call back to speak to one!). Has anyone ever spoken to a Manager??

The latest is that I called yesterday to be told that I was definitely emailed earlier in the day (I never received it) to say my ordered phone which they had promised would be with me yesterday (64gb space grey, iphone6) was not in stock "so I don't know why they promised you that".

The adviser then said that the silver one was in stock so he could cancel the grey one and replace it with silver.  I said OK.  he started the cancelleation process..  then put me on hold only to come back and say "You are not going to like me for this, but I should have told you that once the cancellation process starts we cannot process a new order for 24 hours, so you will need to call back tomorrow to order again, but we cannot guarantee the silver one will still be in stock then... oh, and the grey one is now out of stock for a week".. 

I was not amused.  I asked for a Manager several times and eventually put through to Dan Sims who is a Senior Adviser and assured me that he has the same authority as a Manager?  All he could actually do was keep saying sorry for their abysmal service and to promise he would look at it tomorrow (which is now today) and call me back.. 

This is 6 hours of calls and an hour's email to customer complaints.. I even missed family meals whilst on the damn phone.  7 hours of my life I will not get back - Just to upgrade!

Has anyone else had this kind of treatment? Is this o2 standard Customer Service as I do not feel that my 20 years of custom is valued at all!!   I really think it's time to say hello to Vodafone or 3!!

No happy.

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

I think you would be best to complain @Anonymous (Not sure if you followed the official route when you complained before?)

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 19

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Sounds shocking tbh, I'd make a formal complaint here.
http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
Message 3 of 19

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Smap
Message 4 of 19

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Or snap, whichever
Message 5 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
Or snap, whichever

Even snip? wink

I note the OP has said they complained but not sure if it was through the official channel

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 19

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
I would make sure, sounds unacceptable tbh
Message 7 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi I was told to email the Customer Complaints Review Service and was given the email address. I sent an email on Monday - but in line with the rest of their service so far I am not expecting any reply! (or help at any rate!)
Message 8 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Actually the CRS are usually pretty quick with responses. You may want to google the CEO's office email address. We have heard correspondence sent to him gets the problems sorted as well..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 19

MI5
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Appalling but fairly typical if anyone has any problems these days. It's as if O2 are just winding down any level of support entirely whilst they wait for Three to take the reigns.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 19