cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The worst Customer Service ever!

Anonymous
Not applicable

So I called on Friday of last week to leave o2 after almost 20 years..  I've had data usage issues that they cannot help resolve and have been most unhelpful - All my Data being used in 48 hours, whilst I am connected to Wifi?! 

Anyway - I was persuaded to upgrade to iphone 6 with more data and click and collect that day. It took half an hour to get to that point.  Unfortuantely the Click and Collect link they emailed me would not work, so I called them back.. and was on different calls for the next 2.5 hours!

In the last 3 days I have spent a total of 6 hours on the phone to o2  (p.s - this is on MY landline bill to their so called cusotomer service) and still I have no idea when I will get a phone.  I have spoken to more than 12 Advisers, I have been hung up on, put on hold and never returned to, lied to, promised several times that stock was there and I would have the phone next working day - only to be told when it didn't arrive that it wasn't actually in stock when the promise was made.. I've had promises of a call back that never happens.

I have asked 3 or 4 times to speak with a Manager and they will not put me through (I am told there is a 24 hour call back to speak to one!). Has anyone ever spoken to a Manager??

The latest is that I called yesterday to be told that I was definitely emailed earlier in the day (I never received it) to say my ordered phone which they had promised would be with me yesterday (64gb space grey, iphone6) was not in stock "so I don't know why they promised you that".

The adviser then said that the silver one was in stock so he could cancel the grey one and replace it with silver.  I said OK.  he started the cancelleation process..  then put me on hold only to come back and say "You are not going to like me for this, but I should have told you that once the cancellation process starts we cannot process a new order for 24 hours, so you will need to call back tomorrow to order again, but we cannot guarantee the silver one will still be in stock then... oh, and the grey one is now out of stock for a week".. 

I was not amused.  I asked for a Manager several times and eventually put through to Dan Sims who is a Senior Adviser and assured me that he has the same authority as a Manager?  All he could actually do was keep saying sorry for their abysmal service and to promise he would look at it tomorrow (which is now today) and call me back.. 

This is 6 hours of calls and an hour's email to customer complaints.. I even missed family meals whilst on the damn phone.  7 hours of my life I will not get back - Just to upgrade!

Has anyone else had this kind of treatment? Is this o2 standard Customer Service as I do not feel that my 20 years of custom is valued at all!!   I really think it's time to say hello to Vodafone or 3!!

No happy.

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks - I'll try the CEO route as well!

Message 11 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122382 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Good luck @Anonymous Let us know how you get on....:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
sure will! slight_smile Everything is crossed!
Message 13 of 19

Peanut
Level 3: Thinker
  • 60 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Definitely complain as everyone here has already said. If you're upgrading, the best way to do it is to go into a store. If it's in stock, you'll walk out with the new phone and the sim swap will be done for you as well. If it's not in stock, you'll have the opportunity to play with other phones that you might like. Hope you get sorted though.
I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.”
Message 14 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Peanut.. unfortunately I do not live or work close to any o2 store (or other provider).. if it is not resolved online/phone with o2 by the weekend then it is time for me to jump ship and go to another Service Provider I think.. 😞
Message 15 of 19

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

If you do decide to change provider, just make sure you get good coverage in the places you frequent most. We usually suggest you're phone is unlocked and get a Pay & Go sim from the provider you're thinking of switching to just to try out the service before you commit to any long-term contract.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 16 of 19

cyrillicguy
Level 8: Talented
  • 247 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Pretty much O2's standard customer service @Anonymous. The only thing is that what the other networks offer in that aspect is not much of a difference. I'd personally advise to go (as some other community members were saying) with the provider who offers the best signal, tariff etc. that would suit your needs. However, I'd also strongly advise to avoid any long commitment if possible. Even 12 months is far too long for me, let alone a 24 months contract. Who's to say that during the minimum term of your contract your provider's service won't degrade - will you be happy paying your £X/month just for "aaaawww, so sorry we are, we'll get it fixed as soon as, no, we can't tell you when exactly, but you do come back to us, so we can tell you how sorry we are once again"? Buy your phone separately whenever you can and opt for Pay&Go/short term sim-only contracts.

Message 17 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

so, a little update..  I received a call back from the Customer Service Team and was told that the phone I had previously ordered and been told was in stock would actually not in stock and might not be for another week.  He would not upgrade me to the next phone up which they had 'plenty in stock' as he said o2 would not accept the additional cost, despite 20 years with o2 and the awful experience I had received (almost 7 hours of phone calls on my landline at my expense by this point)..   By this point I actually felt totally despondent and exhausted with it all.  So I agreed to accept a different phone that was in stock but not my first choice.

**I had also followed the Complaints Procedure and sent an email detailing everything.  I received an AUto Reply telling me that they would investigate and get back to me within 7 days..  TWO WEEKS later and nothing more from them.  Typically disappointing.  0/10 for Customer Care and Service.

Message 18 of 19

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Sad that you settled for phone not of your choosing. Hope it fits your needs.

Message 19 of 19