cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The "What Are You Listening To Right Now" Thread

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was looking for this all over the place but I couldn't find it! Every forum should have one of these! slight_smile

So, here we go!

Billy Talent - Red Flag

YOUR TURN! grin

Message 1 of 6,534
6,533 REPLIES 6,533

blissgirl
Level 35: Originator
  • 8613 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

@Anonymous  like that song aswell slight_smile

iPhone 15 plus 128Gb light pink & Apple watch series 9 pink (Celluar all with Vodafone slight_smile
Message 2201 of 6,534

Anonymous
Not applicable

Stay - Eternal

Message 2202 of 6,534

BobM
Level 27: Desk Jockey
  • 4914 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

One here for @Mi-Amigo who I know is a big Beatle's fan.

Not listened to this for many many years, but back in the day it was one of my favourites.

Message 2203 of 6,534

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25602 Posts
  • 857 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @BobM 

A while since I saw that.

There are so many Beatles` songs which I love, it is hard for me to choose a favourite.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 2204 of 6,534

BobM
  • 4914 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I came across it and immediately thought of you @Mi-Amigo 

It seems a bit slower than I remembered it to be, but listening to the lyrics again shows just how good it is.  But as you say there are so many good ones.

Message 2205 of 6,534

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 125973 Posts
  • 831 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

Lovely song @BobM . one of my husband's favourites here

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2206 of 6,534

BobM
  • 4914 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yeah, another good one @Cleoriff.

Looking back, I don't think there's any I could say I dislike, they're all good in their own way.

Message 2207 of 6,534

Mi-Amigo
  • 25602 Posts
  • 857 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@BobM wrote:

I came across it and immediately thought of you @Mi-Amigo 

It seems a bit slower than I remembered it to be, but listening to the lyrics again shows just how good it is.  But as you say there are so many good ones.

@BobM 

There is a reason why the song seems slower.

Back in 1967, the mono version was 3 mins 19 secs for inclusion on the mono pressing of The Beatles Sgt Pepper album; but, with The Beatles not present, the stereo version was mixed and slowed down to 3 mins 26 secs and features on stereo pressing of The Beatles` Sgt Pepper album.

Another reason why Beatles` fans bought and collected both mono and stereo pressings of the band`s albums. And yes I`ve got both the mono and stereo versions of the original 1967 pressings of the Sgt Pepper albums.

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 2208 of 6,534

BobM
  • 4914 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ah well, that explains it and thanks for the explanation.  Very interesting and shows you know your stuff @Mi-Amigo 

Message 2209 of 6,534

Mi-Amigo
  • 25602 Posts
  • 857 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@BobM wrote:

Ah well, that explains it and thanks for the explanation.  Very interesting and shows you know your stuff @Mi-Amigo 

I take that as a huge compliment @BobM 

I first heard of The Beatles when I was a school kid living on The Wirral, across the Mersey, before they were famous when a school mate told me his older brother had seen the band play The Cavern in Liverpool.

As soon as The Beatles released Love Me Do I got my mum to buy me a copy and from then on got every record - including some very rare versions and bootlegs. Yeh, once a Beatlemaniac, always a Beatlemaniac.

And have been extremely lucky to have met Paul and George.

But admit, I don`t know everything about The Beatles and there is always something which comes up. 

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 2210 of 6,534