Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The internet is about to get faster

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

I don't profess to fully understand this, but I thought it might be of interest..

https://theconversation.com/upgrade-to-core-http-protocol-promises-speedier-easier-web-37690

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Anything to improve performance must be welcomed slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bambino wrote:

I don't profess to fully understand this, but I thought it might be of interest..

https://theconversation.com/upgrade-to-core-http-protocol-promises-speedier-easier-web-37690

If you understand any of it, sir, you have my undiluted admiration!!!

Message 3 of 23

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Cairdeas
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 3570 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Let's hope so. And web designers need to catch up, some still need flash, which I've had to side load as an apk in the past wink Whilst on the subject, I have noticed a much speedier experience with my new nano 4g sim..thanks O2 wink x

giphy-3
Message 5 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

In laymans terms @Anonymous think of old style broadband. Used to be very slow on the copper wires. It was great when 1mb download arrived.

Then along came fibre. Whoosh. Speeds up to 150mb and now trials are underway for 1000mb in places.

BUT: Fast broadband is great for streaming and downloading large files but it doesn't do that much for day to day stuff like website browsing. You wouldn't really notice any difference really between a 10mb copper broadband and 100mb bt infinity.

Http2 aims to bridge that gap and make the Internet a quicker place. As we move towards the Internet of Things and pressure grows on the networks this will be a major help in the future.

Mexican Wave

Message 6 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cairdeas wrote:

Let's hope so. And web designers need to catch up, some still need flash, which I've had to side load as an apk in the past wink Whilst on the subject, I have noticed a much speedier experience with my new nano 4g sim..thanks O2 wink x

Oh!  You are such a show off!!!  Smiley LOL   (Do you do tutorials by any chance?)

Message 7 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cairdeaswhat is 4g please? I tried to Google "o2 4g" and all I got was

Thinking

Message 8 of 23

Cairdeas
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 3570 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Lol @Anonymous .. I assure you, I'm very much a novice with an inner geek eager to learn slight_smile x

giphy-3
Message 9 of 23

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Cairdeas wrote:

You shouldn't have any need to sideload flash anymore as all websites should now be using HTML5 which eliminates the need for flash.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 23