Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Off-Topic

Highlighted
Topics: 22

Re: The grumble thread

I'm *bleep*. I'm really *bleep*.

My grandparents (dad's parents) think they can make decisions for me (and brother). We're 29 and 27 yo. Now that pur parents both are dead, they turn psycho. Patroulizing every day to see when I open the window blinds, ringing and calling to wake me up etc. 

It's kind of stalking. I don't want dispute... But it seems like it has to get started. 

iPhone XR * 64 GB * (Product) Red * unlocked
iPad Air wifi & LTE * 16 GB * White * unlocked + iPad Air 2 wifi only
Apple Watch Series 5 Nike+ (& Series 2)
MacBook Pro 15" 2018 + Magic Mouse 2

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR
Highlighted
Topics: 707

Sorry to hear that @ComaChameleon 

I know we are taught to respect our grandparents (and parents) but they need to realise you and your brother are of age to look after yourselves.

You do have to remember though that they both are still grieving. They have lost a son and now a daughter in law. 

Probably best to have a gentle word without  falling out. You all need each other after all? heart

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker
Highlighted

@Cleoriff 

Problem is, dad always showed them if it's enough. My mum and I always gave them contra and they needed it. 

Brother never did. They told him to jump, he asked how high.. And now they think they can control me. i always tried not to start arguments, but they overstepped a line - more then once now. 

And I'm really close to explode. 

They think just because they're old they are right. 

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR
Highlighted
Topics: 83
Blog Posts: 2

[ Edited ]

Old age doesn't always come with knowledge or respect. Respect is a two-way deal. You must give respect in order to receive it whatever your age. With age doesn't come automatic respect.

Like @Cleoriff says @ComaChameleon you have to make your grandparents understand that you and your brother are adults and no longer need supervision. Politely but firmly. If that doesn't work tell them to f*** off. Harsh but sometimes you have to be harsh to get your point across

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Highlighted

@Glory1 

I was so shocked, I wasn't able to tell them something. Gosh. the longer I think about that, the more I get *bleep*...

Mobile history:
Highlighted
Topics: 83
Blog Posts: 2

[ Edited ]

@ComaChameleon you need to start as you mean to go on. You're an adult and have been for some time. Your mum didn't check up on you, so why should your grandparents? You have to make them understand that.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Highlighted

@Glory1 

That's right. It's just so hard to do so short after being back home.

Mobile history:
Highlighted

Last wednesday I got a rupture of a musclefibre at work. So now I'm crippling around and have to stay home for some weeks. Can't walk, can't really help to do the household.... I'm p****ed and bored... 

Mobile history:
Highlighted
Topics: 707

Sorry to hear that @ComaChameleon . It must be so painful. Hope you feel better soon wink

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker
Highlighted
Topics: 260

Thinking of you @ComaChameleon & wishing you better soonest 

*possum si vollo* *per ardua ad astra*

I don't work for O2
Xperia L1 - The Android Army Marches Onwards
Acer Aspire 5750 laptop
Unlimited Sky Broadband
MI6 - Commander Jane TOP SECRET - Status 00 Licensed To Type - HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE + pic of a very young Lois Maxwell (have mug to prove it) - Promotion tbc to Data Entry