Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The grumble thread

ComaChameleon
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 2200 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Sometimes it can help to just scream it out what's [Removed] you off....

I'll start...

As my "company" (aid relief, but behaving like a company) changed so many things.... Our teamleader was thrown out, is a normal co-worker now... The shiftplans are "planed" centrally now (I can't even say it's planned, that would imply it has a structure, but it's just like throwing [Removed] on a paper). The shiftplan is.... just no. We work our asses off, have plushours galore and the other watch has minushours. So they have freetime enough and we thought about putting containers on the watch to live there, because we don't know why we pay rent for our flats - we're hardly ever there!... And the best shifts are always given to the temporary workers who already have a very good job, so they get the extra amount on money instead of us....

Next week I can finally take my annual leave from LAST year (by law you have to take it by 31th march by exception... I got it excepted even longer. I'm so ready for a holiday!

sleeping

iPhone 14 Pro Max * 128 GB * Deep Purple * unlocked
iPad Pro 11" wifi * 128 GB * silver + Apple Pencil 2
Apple Watch Series 5 Nike+ (& Series 2)
MacBook Pro 15" 2018 + Magic Mouse 2
Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR * iPhone 12 Pro Max * iPhone 14 Pro Max
Message 1 of 410
409 REPLIES 409

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

I'd suggest you start looking for another job while you're on your annual leave. If you're that unhappy where you're working, you ought to be working somewhere else.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 410

ComaChameleon
  • 2200 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Bambino

From 1st June (or 15th) I'll have another (safe) job. But until then I have to be there still... We're all like "I don't wanna be here" and pissing each other off. Even at home were acting mad to our families... 😕

Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR * iPhone 12 Pro Max * iPhone 14 Pro Max
Message 3 of 410

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions
@ComaChameleon That's not a very healthy situation for your family. It's not their fault. I'm glad you have another job to go to, but for your family's sake, if you're that unhappy at work, you should suck it up and try not to take it home with you. The 1st of June isn't that far off.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 410

ComaChameleon
  • 2200 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Bambino

I know 😞 But sometimes you just can't suck it up. The situation is getting worst since november and now it's the point where even the most positive-thinking co-workers are just *bleep* off.

The first sentense we're changing at watch is "I don't wanna be here" - "Me too" - really, no fun, every shift.

You can see our stress at the door, so many cigarettes! xD

Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Message 5 of 410

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ComaChameleon

It's definitely no fun when you feel overworked and thus constantly exhausted and irritable.

Thinking of looking round myself for that reason too.

All the best

Message 6 of 410

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I agree working in an environment which is toxic and brings no job satisfaction is rather soul destroying.

I worked in the NHS for years. When I started to make my way 'up the career ladder' it was exciting at first though after 15 years at the top it became a constant struggle to meet targets and deal with cutbacks etc.

I had to reassess my priorities.

People who think Nursing Management is a cushy job need to think again. You also lose all contact with patients, the very people you were trained to care for.

I retired slightly early and within 2 months, I took up a job in a nursing home.

I didn't really need to, but I wanted to touch base again with people who needed care. My love of the job returned after I made this move.So no regrets for me 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 410

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Ah the joys of being a motor technician, doing a job you love and great satisfaction when you rebuilt an engine from scratch or overhauled an automatic gearbox. No stress. I got more stress from bringing my boys up but again, great pride in how they turned out. If I had my life over I would only change the last year or so.

Message 8 of 410

Rycal
Level 19: Quirky
  • 435 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 47 Solutions
I have to be careful what I say in here as I work for O2 😂

I actually love my job, I get immense satisfaction from helping people so my role is perfect - especially in the last year where I've started doing more community work with organisations like the RNIB and AgeUK.

My only real grumble recently is from dealing with fraud and thefts. We get targeted a lot by thieves and it's getting worse, gangs of young adults raiding stores, ripping phones off display and intimidating staff. We are currently reviewing new security measures such as improved clamps to house demo phones as a result of an increase in these thefts.

Obviously this sort of thing isn't exclusive to O2 or the mobile industry as a whole, it happens everywhere these days.
I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.

Message 9 of 410

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rycal

If all the operators/network equipment and OSS/BSS software companies and of course the manufacturers across the globe actually coordinated their efforts to block stolen handsets via the IMEI blacklist I reckon you (and many others) would have an easier job as there wouldn't be so much incentive to steal hardware.

Message 10 of 410