cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The future of Mobile phones?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Christmas is around the corner and we’re sure that a mobile or a tablet will be high on most people’s wish lists but with the release of the latest ipad mini and the ever growing tablet market, getting smaller smarter and better- Which begs the question- What's next for mobiles?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Have you ever seen the movie echelon conspiracy?

http://i.imgur.com/Nqkfx.jpg

I sincerely hope smart glass phones are in the near future:) great concept slight_smile
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Never seen it but that's awesome slight_smile

Message 3 of 8

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
In reality I think well be seeing bigger resolutions along with more powerful APUs.

I think mobiles may be at the limit of how thin they can get without sacrificing hardware. Unless they start spreading it wider which would make unuseably large phones more akin to tablets.

A good video of some pretty futuristic concepts

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=DJdD6NHW0xI&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DDJdD6NHW0xI

I think wearable phones like the Samsung wrist one in this would be fairly obvious way to progress.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

For years I have bored my mates by stating that totally clear phones will one day be the norm. I have no idea how they will do it but then if you went back to say 1830 with even a Nokia 5100 GSM handset from 1998 and said to someone, "I can contact anyone in the world who has a similar device.", they would have asked the same question.

I just think, and have done for a long time, that a totally clear phone which only displays anything when being used will look so cool that scientists and technologists will strive to be able to make one eventually. Doubtless the invention or perfection of a conductive glass allow will be important to allow "invisible" electrical connections never mind the chip sets that control it. Then you'll need some kind of clear ionic gel to act as a battery.

I'm just raging it the concept has been covered in a film although I see from the piccy that the phone is not 100% clear glass when out of use. Hah! In my concept the whole body of the device is totally clear when not being used and the whole front face is a touchscreen when it is in use.

Message 5 of 8

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions

http://appleinsider.com/articles/12/10/30/arm-announces-64-bit-cortex-a50-mobile-processors-coming-i...

the future lies within powerhouses like this slight_smile

these chips would put a fair few laptop/ older desktops to shame slight_smile

Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Didn't LG or someone bring out a glass phone? It was on a slider and the slide up bit was glass touch screen. Maybe I dreamt it.
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh no, it was the the keyboard that was glass and slid out, back in 2009! The LG crystal.
Message 8 of 8