Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The X-Factor

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
So I decided to start watching again now that Louis Walsh is gone, love him though I did, and there are 3 new judges. Interesting we have Mr and Mrs Robbie Williams. Why? Anyway hopefully with Louis gone, we'll no longer see the weird and wonderful acts he put through which were truly dreadful. Honey G anyone!

So who's watching and what do you think of the acts put through so far? A couple were amazing, I thought.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 1 of 264
263 REPLIES 263

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

Just finished watch the whole series of Bodyguard with XFactor squeezed in. Really enjoyed it but was quite surprised his car didn't blow up at the end with his wife and kids in. Glad it didn't but quite surprised....in a good way slight_smile

X-factor was kerrap to be honest, with not one good act squeezed in. Yes there was the obvious group thrown in and you just know simon will have 3 or 4 to 'join-up' come the 6 chair challenge o one of the others wink

Message 61 of 264

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Just finished watch the whole series of Bodyguard with XFactor squeezed in. Really enjoyed it but was quite surprised his car didn't blow up at the end with his wife and kids in. Glad it didn't but quite surprised....in a good way slight_smile

We were on the same wave length with that @jonsie. In fact I was shouting at the TV 'dont get in that car'...Jed Mercurio is no slouch when it comes to the shock factor!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 62 of 264

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

We were on the same wave length with that @jonsie. In fact I was shouting at the TV 'dont get in that car'...Jed Mercurio is no slouch when it comes to the shock factor!!

Good to know I'm not the only one who shouts at the TV @Cleoriff LOL

I shouted and then held my breath, waiting for it all to go BOOM!!

Message 63 of 264

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Well the X-Factor merry-go-round that is the 6 seat challenge started. Though they've added a new wrinkle: a safe seat which, to be honest, I do and don't like. I like the fact that one is chosen who is safe whatever happens but that leaves only 5 seats to be fought over which I don't like.

And what a night. I didn't envy Simon and Ayda one little bit trying to choose the 6 to go through to judges houses as there was quite a bit of exceptional talent. 

I thought Simon's choice of the first singer surprising as I don't think she has that great a voice compared to the others and kept thinking he would have her give up her seat.

Well done to the young lady who wasn't prepared to go without a fight and insisted she sing a second song. And she, quite rightly, won her seat back and I hope she keeps it. The Fillipina transgender, though having a good voice, would be difficult to place and would probably be a one hit wonder, if that. Way too unique and really didn't deserve a seat.

As for the Overs, I was really pleased that the chap who'd been homeless (Ricky?) for 8 years got the safe seat. I really think he deserves a break and I like his voice a lot. Glad Ivo went, what was Ayda thinking giving him a seat in the first place. Way too weird and his voice was far from good, let alone great. I thought he was going to put up a fight as he didn't leave the stage straight away. But he did go, thank God.

Talking of great voices Caesar's voice knocks me out; it's fantastic and I hope he goes through to the live shows.

Can't wait to see who the final 6 will be in the Overs and the Girls. Then it's the Boys and the Groups. Should be interesting.

Message 64 of 264

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Coming straight after SCD, I found X Factor's new format a bit confusing if honest.

Add to that I was 'dashing around' playing catch up with household stuff upside_down

I liked the 'golden button', though I think Simon gave it to the wrong girl, and Ayda got it spot on.

There were two Fillipino girls, one he sent home then brought back. I agree that the transgender girl, though good, is more of a novelty act.

Ricky was excellent and deserved to go through. Also agree Cesar has a stunning voice

It wasn't only me who was confused. Apparently fans took to social media to complain about the new format asking what the hell was going on. A lot were saying we weren't seeing everyone sing enough as it was all about the judges.

https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/1024685/x-factor-2018-simon-cowell-ayda-field-robbie-will...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 65 of 264

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Coming straight after SCD, I found X Factor's new format a bit confusing if honest.

Add to that I was 'dashing around' playing catch up with household stuff upside_down

I liked the 'golden button', though I think Simon gave it to the wrong girl, and Ayda got it spot on.

There were two Fillipino girls, one he sent home then brought back. I agree that the transgender girl, though good, is more of a novelty act.

Ricky was excellent and deserved to go through. Also agree Cesar has a stunning voice

It wasn't only me who was confused. Apparently fans took to social media to complain about the new format asking what the hell was going on. A lot were saying we weren't seeing everyone sing enough as it was all about the judges.

https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/1024685/x-factor-2018-simon-cowell-ayda-field-robbie-will...

I agree the 6 chair challenge was bad enough before but this year is a shambles. Simon brought back the first Fillipina because the other 3 judges had a go at him and the audience was furious. As was I to be honest. I thought the transgender woman should have gone first. In fact, I didn't understand why she was given a seat in the first place. As you say @Cleoriff she's a novelty nothing more.

Simon seemed utterly confused and to be honest the audience made his choices for him. But this is what I dislike about the 6 chair challenge. The first 6 singers always seem to get the chairs and then it's a case of kicking out one of them to make room for another singer. There has to be a better way to choose and one that's less cruel to the individuals. Though rejection, however it's handled, is always going to be cruel.

Message 66 of 264

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Then you have the guilt factor. The 16 year old girl who was frightened to death. How cruel would it have been to kick her out.

I'm not sure where it left off yesterday....are we still waiting to see who Simon is kicking out to give her a seat?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 67 of 264

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Then you have the guilt factor. The 16 year old girl who was frightened to death. How cruel would it have been to kick her out.

I'm not sure where it left off yesterday....are we still waiting to see who Simon is kicking out to give her a seat?

Mmm.......yes I think so, and Ayda has to finish selecting the Overs. Then it's the Boys and Groups which we may see the start of this week. But then again, maybe not - who knows what is going on. Confused, you will be Confused

Message 68 of 264

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

What just happened Confused

We had the 2 girls fighting for a place, one for the 2nd time. And Robbie intervening in Ayda's selection adding to the groups. Good choice but would he have done that if Ayda wasn't his wife, I wonder?

This really is the weirdest 6 seat challenge I've ever seen.

Message 69 of 264

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

It is weird, though I liked what Robbie did (although he now has more contestants than anyone else) joy

Cesar has gone...sad about that.

Now this lad Louis just gave the golden buzzer to, I don't know his name, but he sang like a girl

Anyway off to watch the new series on BBC 1 'The Cry' ...whilst recording Vanity Fair. It's all too much LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 70 of 264