Did you mean: 

The White Room Thursday Quiz - the Return 23 Jan 2020 questions

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

question-room-thurs-quiz2.png

As mentioned on Monday in the White Room Thursday Quiz - the Return  - Advanced Notice

the regular White Room Thursday Quiz is this back - with a few changes....

Each week, The White Room Thursday Quiz will have EIGHT questions, from a range of categories.

THIS WEEK`S EIGHT QUESTIONS

Q1 [people]: Which country was ruled by King Zog during the 20th century?

Q2 [places]: Which city in England was known to the Romans as Aquae Sulis?

Q3 [science]: Which internal organ is the largest in the human body?

Q4 [space]: What species were Laska and Benjy who were launched, separately, into space in 1958?

Q5 [words]: What does a tegestologist collect?

Q6 [television]: Who, in a popular TV series, lived at 23 Railway Cuttings, East Cheam?

Q7 [games]: In what game can a player "pick a cherry" and "leave a picket fence"?

Q8 [food and drink]: What ingredient gives Italian black pasta its colour? 

The White Room Thursday Quiz will be open to all members of the Community.

Those who want to take part will need to pm [private message] me [Mi-Amigo] with their answers between 00.01 [one minute after midnight] and 23.59 [11.59pm] on Thursday 23 January 2020.

Please do not post your answers on the thread.

The answers - and the results for each player taking part - will be posted on Friday morning.

Each member will be awarded star for each correct answer. In addition, each member who gives

EIGHT correct answers               SIX correct answers

will be awarded                       will be awarded

silver-thinker.jpg                 bronze-thinker-crop.jpg

SILVER THINKER                     BRONZE THINKER

THE RULES

Each member must pm [private message] their answers to me [Mi-Amigo] between 00.01 [one minute after midnight] and 23.59 [11.59pm] on Thursday 23 January 2020.

No member is to post any answer on the thread.

Any answer received before 00.01 on Thursday and/or after 23.59 [11.59pm] on Thursday will be declared void.

No googling, wiki, youtube search for answers.

I hope that those who have taken part in a previous White Room Thursday Quiz, the Christmas Quiz, the New Year Quiz, and/or the Revenge - inc

@Cleoriff ; @pgn ; @gmarkj ; @MI5 ;  @jonsie ; @Bob_Mcg ; @WispaRed7 ; @Marjo ; @Martin-O2 ;

@WispaRed7 ; @RyanK1992 ;  @Sy ; @TallTrees ; @BOSSGOGG  

will take part, and new members, and those who have not previously played, will join in. 

Please feel free to post any comments on the questions - but not the answers - on this thread.

, and, if you have any questions about the quiz, please ask and I will reply here.

Thank you everyone for your interest and for making the White Room Thursday Quiz so popular...

I hope everyone enjoys the revised edition of the White Room Thursday Quiz.

@Mi-Amigo  

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122361 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

It's great to get back to normal @Mi-Amigo (Rather you than me rofl)

I hope a lot of people play along. Less questions than the Revenge quiz, so that's good....upside_down

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 29

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35213 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions
Oooh... Some good'uns in there this week 😂
Message 3 of 29

Mi-Amigo
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for your comments @Cleoriff . To be honest, it was great for me to be setting the questions again...

and thanks @pgn - glad you like the choice of questions. I`ve tried to find a balance - and, hopefully, some who also come along to play, will find some questions a little easier...  

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 4 of 29

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Enjoyed my small contribution. Well done to you @Mi-Amigo and to all the other regulars.

Message 5 of 29

Mi-Amigo
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @jonsie for your kind words.

Hope you like the questions for this week`s quiz and will be pming me your answers anytime tomorrow - Thursday...

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 6 of 29

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Mi-Amigo
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The WHITE ROOM THURSDAY QUIZ is now open for you to pm [private message] your answers to me - @Mi-Amigo .

Please do not post your answers on the thread but you may post that you have sent your pm so that others know you are taking part.

All members wishing to take part have until 23.59 [11.59pm] tonight [Thursday] to pm me with their answers.

The correct answers and the results will be announced on this thread on the morning of Friday 24 January.

Good luck everyone.

@Mi-Amigo  

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 8 of 29

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122361 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions