Level 47: Going Places
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

question-room-thurs-quiz2.png

This week`s contestant, chosen at random by @EmilieT is

@gmarkj 

The six questions are:

Q1 [history]: Who was the last King of France?

Q2 [sport]: Which sport features "boss", "flex", "vene", and "nock"?

Q3 [event]: Near which town in England is the annual cheese-rolling event held at Spring Bank Holiday ?

Q4 [food & drink]: Which city, according to the Michelin Guide 2019, has the most Michelin star restaurants?

Q5 [space]: Which planet in our solar system, as of 2017, has the most moons?

Q6 [TV sitcoms]: What is the name of the character, who was the female companion of John Redmond in Peter Kay`s TV sitcom "Car Share"? 

Rules:

You can only give one answer to each question.

You can answer the questions in any order - please copy and paste the question and add your answer.

You can post all of the answers together in one posts; or post one, or more, answer in several posts [as @pgn did last week]; at any time between 00.01 [one minute after midnight] and 23.59 [11.59pm] tomorrow [Thursday] 3 October 2019.

Any answer posted before 00.01 or after 23.59 will be declared void.

Please - no googling, Wiki, social media, Youtube in search of the answers.

The results, with the correct answers, will be posted on Friday 4 October 2019.

Each correct answer will be awarded a star

If you get all six questions correct, you will be awarded the Silver Thinker

Image result for silver thinker

All members, including those who have already been a contestant or have put their names forward as contestants and those who are considering being a future contestant, are welcome to join in and play along - by making their own list of questions and seeing how many they can get right - but, please do not post your answers on the thread.

Thank you for your interest and good luck @gmarkj 

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Kayleigh wink

Kitson

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 26

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Mi-Amigo
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The results:

Answers given by @gmarkj in the order they were posted:

Q2 [sport]: Which sport features "boss", "flex", "vene", and "nock"?

A2: Archery

- correct = awarded star

Q3 [event]: Near which town in England is the annual cheese-rolling event held at Spring Bank Holiday ?

A3: Coopers Hill is where they do it, which is in Gloucestershire but not sure of town.

- the correct answer is between Brockworth and Painswick, but as you gave the location and the county, I will award a half star

Q5 [space]: Which planet in our solar system, as of 2017, has the most moons?

A5: Neptune [I think]

- incorrect. The correct answer is Jupiter with 69 moons [reported in 2017 - NASA reported 79 in 2019]

Although you gave Jupiter with other later answers, the rules state only one answer may be given to each question, so I`m sorry no award for the "second answer".

Q1 [history]: Who was the last King of France?

A1: Louis 16

- incorrect. Louis XVI was king of France from 10 Nov 1774 to abolition of monarchy on 21 Sept 1792;

First French Revolution 1792-1804; Napoleon I, Emperor, 18 May 1804 -11 Apr 1814; Louis XVII, King of France and of Navarre. 11 Apr 1814 - 20 Mar 1815; Napoleon I, Emperor, 20 Mar 1815 - 22 June 1815; Napoleon II, disputed King, 22 June 1915 - 7 July 1815; Louis XVII, King of France and of Navarre, 7 July 1815 - 16 Sept 1824; Charles X, King of France and of Navarre, 16 Sept 1824 - 2 Aug 1830; Henry V, disputed King of France and of Navarre 2 Aug - 9 Aug 1830.

- correct answer = Louis-Philippe I, reigned 9 Aug 1830 - 24 Feb 1848,

then Second French Revolution, Louis Bonaparte, president, and then Emperor 2 Dec 1852 - 4 Sep 1870

Q4 [food & drink]: Which city, according to the Michelin Guide 2019, has the most Michelin star restaurants?

A4: London

- incorrect. London has 69 Michelin star restaurants; Paris has 123; New York has 76.

- correct answer is Tokyo with 230 Michelin star restaurants in 2019. 

Q6 [TV sitcoms]: What is the name of the character, who was the female companion of John Redmond in Peter Kay`s TV sitcom "Car Share"?

A6 - no answer

- correct answer = Kayleigh Kitson [played by Sian Gibson]

You are awarded star and a half star - well done @gmarkj as Q1 was tricky; Q4 was the QI-style question [most people think London, New York or Paris]; and if not a fan Q6 would be difficult.

How did those laying along do? Did anyone get Q1 or Q4 right? Feedback and comments are welcome.

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 13 of 26

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I was ok with most of them though probably would have got the planet one wrong...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 26

Mi-Amigo
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@jonsie - four correct is very good going. Out of curiousity, what answer did you have for Q4 [and don`t say Oswaldtwistle again joy]

@Cleoriff - well done if you managed to tackle these questions. Which planet would you have given as an answer if you had been the contestant?

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 16 of 26

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I misunderstood the question because I thought we were talking about the UK so I too had London.

Message 17 of 26

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I thought It was Neptune @Mi-Amigo upside_down

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 26

Mi-Amigo
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I hope everyone enjoyed this week`s White Room Thursday Quiz.

I will be choosing the six questions for next week`s quiz over the weekend from the following categories:

People; Geography; Nature; Literature; Currency; Food & Drink 

If anyone - whether a new member or a member who has not put their name forward - would like to be considered as a contest, please pm me [@Mi-Amigo] and I will add your name to the draw to be made by @EmilieT next week.

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 19 of 26

Mi-Amigo
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

I thought It was Neptune @Mi-Amigo upside_down

@Cleoriff 

I should have given the numbers in my reply to @gmarkj `s answer.

According to NASA`s website, the number of moons for each planet in our solar syatem as of 2019 is:

Jupiter 79; Saturn 53; Uranus 27; Neptune 14; Mars 2; Earth 1; Mercury 0; Venus 0.

When I was preparing the question I was surprised to find Neptune had fewer that Uranus; so I learnt something too.  

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 20 of 26