• 25035 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Welcome to

question-room-thurs-quiz2.png

This week`s contestant, chosen at random by @EmilieT   is

@RyanK1992 

The six questions are:

Q1 [people]: Who was the world`s first female Prime Minister?

Q2 [geography]: Where is Dogger Bank?

Q3 [space]: Which is the hottest planet in our Solar System (not counting the Sun)? 

Q4 [sport]: In which event did Daley Thompson win a gold medal in 1980 and 1984 Olympics?

Q5 [words]: What does a fromologist collect?

Q6 [TV sit-com]: What were the [character] names of Gary Sparrow`s two wives in TV sit-com Goodnight Sweetheart?

Hint: as usual one question is a QI-style question, where the answer is not what most people think.

Rules:

You can only give one answer to each question.

You can answer the questions in any order - please copy and paste the question and add your answer.

You can post all of the answers together in one posts; or post one, or more, answer in several posts; at any time between 00.01 [one minute after midnight] and 23.59 [11.59pm] tomorrow [Thursday] 21 November 2019. Please note: a second answer to any question cannot be given in these subsequent posts. 

Any answer posted before 00.01 or after 23.59 on Thursday will be declared void.

Please - no googling, Wiki, social media, Youtube in search of the answers.

The results, with the correct answers, will be posted either late on Thursday 21 November [after answers have been submitted] or on Friday morning 22 November 2019.

Each correct answer will be awarded a star

If you get all six questions correct, you will be awarded the Silver Thinker

Image result for silver thinker

The White Room Thursday Quiz is open to all members.

Last week, previous contestants - @Cleoriff and @pgn - and members - @gmarkj ; @EmilieT ; @Anonymous ; @jonsie and @Anonymous played along. Hopefully, they and last week`s contestant @Sy - and any new  

members and those who have not played before, will join in and play along by  making their own list of questions and seeing how many they can get right - but, please do not post your answers on the thread. You will be able to see how well you did when I give the correct answers late Thursday or Friday morning.

Thank you for your interest and good luck @RyanK1992 

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for compiling the quiz @Mi-Amigo 

I usually get nil score, so this week was a bonus 

Message 21 of 24

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25035 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you @Anonymous 

You should be very pleased with yourself - not only for getting three correct but also for knowing the right answer to the QI-style [tricky] one about the hottest planet...

I hope you`ll play along with next week`s and you never know you might surprise yourself again Thoughful 

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 22 of 24

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35248 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you @Anonymous 

You should be very pleased with yourself - not only for getting three correct but also for knowing the right answer to the QI-style [tricky] one about the hottest planet...

I hope you`ll play along with next week`s and you never know you might surprise yourself again Thoughful 

You never know, @Anonymous ...

imgID34691461.jpg.gallery.jpg

...it could be You!  rofl

Message 23 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mi-Amigo I enjoy taking part in the quiz at home smiling

@pgn very funny LOL

Message 24 of 24