The White Room Thursday Quiz - 07 November 2019

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Welcome to 

question-room-thurs-quiz2.png

Every week, one contestant faces six questions. The six questions are chosen from these categories - 

People [inc Presidents, Prime Ministers]; History [inc wars, inventions, discoveries]; Geography [inc places, statues, monuments, capitals]; Events [inc festivals, anniversaries, celebrations]; Science [inc chemistry, physics, biology, measurements, numbers]; Nature [inc animals, plants]; Space [inc astronomy, planets, the universe, solar system, exploration]; Sport [inc Olympics]; Games [inc indoor, board, card]; Words [inc definitions]; Literature [inc books, authors, characters, quotes]; Music [inc bands, songs, classical, instruments]; TV sitcoms [inc characters, actors, locations]; Food & Drink. 

This week`s contestant chosen by @EmilieT   is

@Cleoriff 

The six questions are:

Q1 [people]: Who was British Prime Minister when Neil Armstrong walked on the moon?

Q2 [literature]: Which was the first Agatha Christie novel to feature Hercule Poirot?

Q3 [sport]: Which throwing events are in a decathlon? 

Q4 [events]: What, according to traditional, is the gift for the sixth wedding aniversary?

Q5 [games]: What was the original name of the game of table tennis?

Q6 [geography]: Which is the northernmost capital city in the world?

Rules:

You can only give one answer to each question.

You can answer the questions in any order - please copy and paste the question and add your answer.

You can post all of the answers together in one posts; or post one, or more, answer in several posts [as @pgn did previously]; at any time between 00.01 [one minute after midnight] and 23.59 [11.59pm] tomorrow [Thursday] 7 November 2019. Please note: a second answer to any question cannot be given in these subsequent posts. 

Any answer posted before 00.01 or after 23.59 will be declared void.

Please - no googling, Wiki, social media, Youtube in search of the answers.

The results, with the correct answers, will be posted either late on Thursday 7 November [after answers have been submitted] or on Friday morning 8 November 2019.

Each correct answer will be awarded a star

If you get all six questions correct, you will be awarded the Silver Thinker

Image result for silver thinker

All members, including those who have already been a contestant or have put their names forward as contestants and those who are considering being a future contestant, are welcome to join in and play along - by making their own list of questions and seeing how many they can get right - but, please do not post your answers on the thread.

Thank you for your interest and good luck @Cleoriff

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Just shows @Mi-Amigo 

The table tennis question was the one I thought to be easy peasy...rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 17

Mi-Amigo
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Just shows @Mi-Amigo 

The table tennis question was the one I thought to be easy peasy...rofl

I would`ve fallen that, too. Whilst researching the questions at the weekend I came across this "fact" in Guiness Book Of Answers and, after doing further research in other reference books I have, found that for once Guiness were actually right.

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 12 of 17

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I thought the QI question was the wedding anniversary one. Simply because we have adopted a few American ones. Their 6th is Iron and to be honest with all the fuss about sugar recently, I thought we might have dropped that one!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 17

Mi-Amigo
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

I thought the QI question was the wedding anniversary one. Simply because we have adopted a few American ones. Their 6th is Iron and to be honest with all the fuss about sugar recently, I thought we might have dropped that one!

Good point @Cleoriff . We`ve also kept ivory in our list, which I refuse to include in any quiz...

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 14 of 17

Mi-Amigo
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @Cleoriff for being this week`s contestant and thanks to all the members who played along. I hope everyone enjoyed this week`s White Room Thursday Quiz.

The White Room Thursday Quiz is open to all members, I`m pleased to say @Sy and @RyanK1992 have put both their names forward as contestants and join @Cleoriff , @gmarkj , @pgn , @jezza1234 , @AnnieM , as contestants.

If any member - whether you are a new member or one who has not considered being a contestant - would like to be a contestant, please pm [private message] me @Mi-Amigo and I will add your name to the list for the weekly draw.

All members are welcome to play along - as @EmilieT , @Anonymous , @jonsie have done - by making their own lists and then checking how well they have done when I give the answers [either Thursday afternoon/evening or Friday morning].

The six questions for next week`s White Room Thursday Quiz will be chosen by me over the weekend, with one question taken from each of the following categories...

History; Science; Nature; Words; Music; Food & Drink.

If you have questions or comments, please feel to ask or post.

Thank you for your interest and support for the quiz Bow 

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 15 of 17

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10652 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
Well done @Cleoriff
That ping pong one was a surprise.

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 16 of 17

Cleoriff