Did you mean: 

The WHITE ROOM QUIZ - People`s Choice. Advanced Notice

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25133 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

question-room-thurs-quiz2.png

Don`t worry. The usual White Room Thursday Quiz will be posted on Wed with answers by pm to me on Thursday.

This is an Advanced Notice of next week`s White Room Thursday Quiz.

As most of you know, each week eight categories are selected by me [Mi-Amigo], and one questions is chosen for each category.

I have often thought that, sometimes, those taking part in the quiz may have been pleased to see a question in their favourite category or have found a question much harder in a less preferred category.

So, in a "one-off" special, the members will have the chance of choosing the categories.

How it will work

Below is a list of categories.

Each member can choose eight categories for next week`s quiz and pm me [ @Mi-Amigo ] their choice.

Please note: you can only vote once for each preferred category - so no eight votes for sport [for example].

The eight categories which receive the most votes will be used for next week`s quiz, from which I will select one question for each category.

So YOU CHOOSE THE CATEGORIES, I SELECT THE QUESTIONS.

Please pm me @Mi-Amigo your eight categories anytime between now and 23.59 [11.59pm] Friday.

I will total the votes and announce the categories next Monday.

The White Room Quiz - People`s Choice, with the eight questions will be posted next Wed 4 March, with answers pm`d to me on Thursday.

The categories from which you can choose your preferred eight:

History

People

Geography

Places

Structures

Biology

Physics

Chemistry

Nature

Space

Words

Literature

Classical Music

Rock/Pop Music

Art 

Films/Movies

TV

Sport/Olympics

Games

Events

Food & Drink

Please note: all votes will be in confidence. I will only announce the eight categories which received the most votes - not who voted for which.

If you have any questions about the quiz or voting please ask and I will reply on this thread.

Comments about the quiz and friendly banter is welcomed, but no post on which categories you have or will be voting for.

Have fun and I hope you enjoy the "one-off" chance of the White Room Thursday Quiz being

PEOPLE`S CHOICE

Thanks again

@Mi-Amigo 

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 58
57 REPLIES 57

Mi-Amigo
  • 25133 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

....and the winners are....

Thanks @jonsie 

I should have said, when the White Room Quiz - People`s Choice is run, there will be the usual awards  

silver-thinker.jpg                       bronze-thinker-crop.jpg                   red-thinker.jpg

Silver Thinker                 Bronze Thinker                Red Thinker

for 8 correct answers      for 6 correct answers      for 4 correct answers

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 21 of 58

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Mmmmm... In the April 1st WRQ, there will be 12 questions...so the Diamond and Gold Thinkers will be  brought out and dusted off. rofl

(Well it will be April Fools day after all) dizzy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 22 of 58

Mi-Amigo
  • 25133 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Mmmmm... In the April 1st WRQ, there will be 12 questions...so the Diamond and Gold Thinkers will be  brought out and dusted off. rofl

How about a RUST Thinker for getting one right, which I probably will Horrified

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 23 of 58

Mi-Amigo
  • 25133 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Anonymous 

Thank you for your pm with your vote for eight categories - just received 

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 24 of 58

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 25 of 58

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Mi-Amigo
  • 25133 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just a gentle reminder, if you haven`t already pm`d me - @Mi-Amigo - with your eight categories [thanks to all those who have thumbsup], you have until 23.59 [11.59pm] tonight, Friday 28 Feb to send them in. Check out the list you can choose from on the first page of this thread.

I`ll total up the results [the eight categories with the most votes] and chose one question for each of the categories over the weekend. I`ll post the list of the eight categories chosen by you on here on Monday.

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 27 of 58

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@jonsie  Your cat (in signature) is stuck in the cat flap. Ain't going anywhere tongue_winking

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 28 of 58

Mi-Amigo
  • 25133 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@jonsie  Your cat (in signature) is stuck in the cat flap. Ain't going anywhere tongue_winking

@Cleoriff 

Chester is running fine and leaving pawprints in @jonsie `s posts that I can see Don't know

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 29 of 58

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Frozen in my view of it @Mi-Amigo ? Don't know

Your elephant is ambling along nicely though....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 30 of 58