Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Voice Of The Voiceless

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25137 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

THE FACTS: The human species is destroying the planet we inhabit. Deforestation of the rainforests. Global warming and polar ice packs melting. Creatures hunted, killed, driven to extinction.

A well-known, but miss quoted, saying reads "For evil to triumph, is for good people to do nothing".

Fortunately, there are those who are prepared to stand up and say "Enough is enough".

Concern about the environment and the fauna and flora of the world have been expressed in various threads on the Community off-topic.

The time is right for such matters to have its own thread, which is why I have created this one, as a place where those concerned can express their views, and be

THE VOICE OF THE VOICELESS

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @Mi-Amigo ... well said 

Kind Wishes

WispaRed7 Cat

Message 2 of 9

Mi-Amigo
  • 25137 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Gorillas pose for selfie with DR Congo anti-poaching unit

BBC News story here

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 3 of 9

Mi-Amigo
  • 25137 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ettienne Stott, Olympian canoe champion, arrested in Extinction Rebellion protest

BBC News story - here

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 4 of 9

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122845 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Bit disappointed with that protest if honest. The sentiment is good but......

If you saw the mess they left when they dispersed, enough paper and plastic carriers and bottles, tents etc to fill a few skips.

If you want to protest about saving the planet then don't leave your rubbish, a lot of it non recyclable, lying about for others to clear up...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 9

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions
There are genuine people who are concerned and others who are nothing more than imposters supporting the next trendy campaign.

I think people should get off their **** and do something positive. Not waste the police budget by sitting around costing people money and increasing the congestion charges in central London
Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 6 of 9

Mi-Amigo
  • 25137 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@anticpated wrote:
There are genuine people who are concerned and others who are nothing more than imposters supporting the next trendy campaign.

I think people should get off their **** and do something positive. Not waste the police budget by sitting around costing people money and increasing the congestion charges in central London

Those people are doing something positive. It`s called civil disobedience. It is non-violent protests, something which Ghandi advocated and practised. Such protests cost the perpetrators, or those who allow or are not interested, of crimes against the environment money from their ill-gotten gains.

The waste of the police budget is sending in thousands of officers to make an unpresidented number of arrests and move the rest to Marbel Arch, leaving behind the debrit which they could have cleared themselves had they been allowed to continue their civil disobedience.

I fully support them 100% and if I was able to would be there with them.

They are the Voice of the Voiceless who are doing something postive, rather than sit around and write a polite little letter to an MP or post a message on Facebook or Twitter thinking that that will make a difference.

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 7 of 9

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions
The truth is the government will do jack all. Waste any money towards it. The money is better given to companies who recycle biological elements rather than rely on fossil fuels alone. Come on we can't even get out of Europe. They should put Gordon Strachan in charge.
Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@anticpated wrote:
The truth is the government will do jack all. Waste any money towards it. The money is better given to companies who recycle biological elements rather than rely on fossil fuels alone. Come on we can't even get out of Europe. They should put Gordon Strachan in charge.

I like the way 'you put things' @anticpated smiling ... & ... agree whole-heartedly with what you say

*The Pen is Mightier than the Sword*

I have written 2 letters to my MP ... = ... one on real fur products (from China, where else ?) masquerading as faux fur sold on any market today & the market traders pleading 'ignorance' ... the 2nd letter was on funding of Mental Health in the NHS ... said MP attended a packed meeting of the late, once great, local Mind meeting when the local Mayoress had Mind was her chosen charity ... = ... received back 2 high-falluting, convoluting letters in the use of the English language !! ... ... ... Of course it was a Conservative MP, now Government Chief Whip - pah !!!

The peaceful protest I have participated in was conducted upon the outside stone steps of the town hall ... = ... my 'protest banner' was a white dove (international symbol of peace) complete with feathers & the eye using the internationally known anti-nuclear power symbol ... all atop an old roller-painting stick about 6'... ... ... the Quaker representative held their rainbow rainbow banner high ... the protest was AGAINST War In Iraq  earth

Message 9 of 9